Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New bike day – Vaders helmet
  • onandon
    Free Member

I’m moving back to Switzerland in April so wanted something more capable than my 2011 scalpel.

Decided to get myself a this while I have the health, money and time to enjoy a mega year in the mountains in 2017.

I’ve never used a dropper before so that’s an interesting addition. Can’t help but think it’s a heavy lump to carry around but I need to get out there and use it before I can really comment.

DI2 xtr is set up in synchro mode at the mo so looking forward to trying that. If all fails I’ll revert to a single ring and 1×11 it. I don’t want to do that just yet as I have no ide how sever the maintains will be ( after living in north Hampshire )

The bars are really nice but need to be replaced ASAP with something flat.

Roll on 2017

honourablegeorge

Cool. Kind of weird to see a high-end bike with a double these days. I actually saw that before I saw the weird fork 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

The double kind of annoys me as my other bikes are all 1x. I soooo want to remove the mech and ring but I think it will be fun to try synchro shifting for a while.

honourablegeorge

1x is syncro by default 🙂

Have you ridden a lefty before? Always been very curious, the video where they show the advantages of it is very convincing.

dumbbot
    Free Member

That is a lot of money to spend on a bike…a lot 😯

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve had a lefty of my scalpel since 2011 and really like them. I wouldn’t go back to another fork after my experiences with fox and magura.

Wookster

Is it a Bad Habit 120mm front and rear? Looks lush BTW enjoy!!

bruneep

1 x 11 was fine for a week in swiss alps, If I lived there I’d go a double up front. Our guide had a double that says it all.

onandon
    Free Member

Wooster.
    It’s a habit black so just 27.5 without the + 🙂
    It has 2.25s with plenty of room if I want to go bigger. I also have a fat bike if I want to go really big.

matt_outandabout

I see you have pushed everything on the mat at the front….

Nice bike that. I want a go!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New bike day – Vaders helmet’ is closed to new replies.