Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New bike day! Niche wheel size. Singlespeed. Belt drive.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Little Miss CFH has outgrown her Hotwalk, and has been a very good girl. So, as well as earning her pudding, she’s got a new bike!

Traditional flint wall is old enough not to care. Gardener is on holiday so the lawn is a right state.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I love these. I was *this* close to buying my 4yo one but just couldn’t justify the price in the end. He’s getting on fine with his Frog (also outgrew his Hotwalk) so is non the wiser, but will always be a niggle in the back of my mind…
    Hope she enjoys it!

jamj1974

Nice!

somafunk

Looks great, lucky Little Miss CFH. I like the idea of belt drive as no mucky/oily chains to worry about

woodster

Very nice. Looks like a fantastic little bike and I’m rather jealous of the belt drive.

rOcKeTdOg

No dropper? Gnarduro points deducted

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Your gardener must have been on holiday for ages! You probably want to take out those stray blades of grass, they’re disturbing the moss.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Had a closer look at one of these at Llandegla a few weeks ago. Look very well put together, she’s a lucky girl 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Look very well put together, she’s a lucky girl

I’m quite jealous of her, actually. A grown up version would be great fun.

It’s really well thought out. Tiny pedals for ickle feet, really close reach brake levers, and the belt makes such good sense for a children’s bike. Light, too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is the belt made by Fender?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gates.

singlespeedstu

FFS Flashy.
    You’ve ruined your persona with those weeds and moss in your lawn. 😐
    If only adults bikes could look so cute. 😀
    And good move getting her away from the evils S brand.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

She’ll love it !! Little TG 2 has one, and picked up riding it no problem, little TG 1 has progressed from his, and just got to grips with his 3 speed 20in belter. They make great bikes, and just like Islabikes and Frog, keep there value well, so overall cost is no more really than cheaper versions.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stu, would it make you feel happier to know that was down at the end of the garden, down beyond the apple and pear trees? Not the “nicer” part nearer the house. 🙂

Thomas, part of the appeal of both this and the Hotwalk that preceded it was the ability to hand it down to The Boy when he’s bigger. He’s nearly ready for the Hotwalk already.

minley1
    Free Member

Got my little boy one of these too, he loves it, still using as a balance bike at the moment.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Gates

Look closer. I’m sure that’s a Fender logo on there 🙂

thepurist

Tyre alignment flashy.

Assume the wall is beyond the wildflower meadow and past the Orchard, so moss is entirely in keeping.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Interesting belt drive!

Wonder if this will catch up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Interesting belt drive!

Wonder if this will catch up.

I’m a huge fan of them, and this is a bit of a test case for me! (Using kids as lab rats!) I reckon that as and when gearboxes get cheaper, and lighter, belts will really start to make sense. The chain and derailleur are two of the silliest parts of a modern bike, belts and gearboxes make superb sense, especially off road.

singlespeedstu

Stu, would it make you feel happier to know that was down at the end of the garden, down beyond the apple and pear trees?

I thought the end of your garden was the whole of the south coast. 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

somafunk

part of the appeal of both this and the Hotwalk that preceded it was the ability to hand it down to The Boy when he’s bigger

You plan to hand it down to the boy?, Christ flashy that’s really dropped your standing amongst the STW cognoscenti – Get to work and sell more bloody paperclips, stop frequenting dim-sum restaurants in the far east would be my advice.

😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New bike day! Niche wheel size. Singlespeed. Belt drive.’ is closed to new replies.