Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Bike Day! Hardcore Hardtail – Cotic BFe275 / 26
  • leo72
    Free Member

What do you do when you got a brand new Marzocchi 55 CR (26″) fork waiting to be used, a pair of handbuilt fresh 26″ wheels and the winter is coming?

The result? A custom built Cotic BFe275 – Hillside Cycling Enduro Edition!

Why 26″ wheels and a long stroke fork on this 27.5″ wheel frame? Because it works like a charm! And the 26″ wheels and tyres weigh less, less rotational weight – faster acceleration and more agile bike handling.

More details and full component list at: Bike of The Day 30th October 2016 – Cotic BFe275

dukeduvet

I’m liking that alot! Great backdrop too

chubstr
    Free Member

That is one of the nicest bikes i’ve seen in a while

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bit of a stealth ad, but a very, very nice looking bike!

jekkyl

170mm of travel on a Hardtail, why? not sure about the colour… drainpipe grey?!
    ignore me, it’s lovely, enjoy!

jambalaya
    Free Member

8)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Battleship grey nice 8)

emac65
    Free Member

L-o-n-g forks, I didn’t like mine with 150mm Pikes ! Well, not going up anyway.Now got some 130 Revs on & much prefer the way it rides over all. Well, it’s not as good down, but hey ho….

deviant
    Free Member

I run my 650b Hornet with 26 inch wheels….tyre clearance is superb so no worries there, 26 inch tyres are also still fairly cheap which is a bonus and the smaller wheels dropped the bike several millimetres closer to the ground too…i’d never ridden a HT that felt so planted.

Only drawback was actively having to think about foot position as i got the odd pedal strike at BPW the other day which never happened before on 650b bikes running size appropriate wheels.

dannyh
    Free Member

I have a criticism. If you own a bike that nice, why only use it as a winter bike?

Sacrilege.

dannyh
    Free Member

P.S. The paint job reminded me a bit of this:

Never a bad thing.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I’m not at all into miniature wheels or hardcore hardtails, but that does indeed look awesome.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Day! Hardcore Hardtail – Cotic BFe275 / 26’ is closed to new replies.