Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New bike day!
  • chojin
    Free Member

Ok, so it’s nothing fancy, but I thought it was too much of a bargain to pass up on (£320 from Halfords).

Long gone are my expensive bike days and initial rides conirm that it is just as capable as my 1k hardtail.

Bangernomics exists in the bike work too 🙂

Obligatory pic:

choppersquad
    Free Member

That looks like a bargain!

seavers
    Free Member

Just checked it out on their website, it’s going for 499 so you got a deal there. I would guess some components will wear out pretty quickly at that price but that’s not a bad thing. Bit of money here an there when necessary and you will have the chance to upgrade. Hope you enjoy it.

More importantly.. whats with the differing cement colour in your pointing?! Did the builder not bring his colour matching chart. Cheap tho right?! And the weird pipe going into the drain? No way that’s for poo.

chojin
    Free Member

Yeaaaahhhh 70s builders liked to leave bottles and various items in cavity walls. Caused damp according to my neighbour – I bought the house like it and haven’t got the funds to make it look nice 🙂

Spending it all on bikes, see.

bearnecessities

How much??!

I do believe you have got bargain of the year, nay, of any new bike purchase ever. Well done, Sir.

Three hundred chuffing quid.

matther01
    Free Member

That is a mighty good bargain. Radon fork too.

chojin
    Free Member

It’s silly what Halfords let things go for sometimes, but it’s their fault for allowing you to stack money off offers.
    It was a one-day sale of the bike at £399, combined with a 10% off code and then combined with the ol’ buy-it-with-vouchers-that-you-got-another-10%-off trick.

I learnt said trick from hotukdeals.

God bless the internet and all who sail in her.

nick1962
    Free Member

British Cyling membership would have got you another 10% off too 😉
    Great bike and great price,enjoy.

jekkyl

It’s not what you have but what you do with it that counts. Ride her and ride her well sir.

sp654233
    Free Member

Bloody good buy that! I used to have one and it was great for the money. Enjoy!

seavers
    Free Member

Yeaaaahhhh 70s builders liked to leave bottles and various items in cavity walls. Caused damp according to my neighbour – I bought the house like it and haven’t got the funds to make it look nice

To be fair your pointing is like a Monet compared to mine!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New bike day!’ is closed to new replies.