Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New Bike Day!
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Doing the thing where you sit and watch the door, trying to summon Fedex.

Have to get the excitement out on here as the people at work are bored of hearing it 🙂

Pics when it arrives.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t end the thread in a flurry of excitement, tell us what it is first.. it’ll give us time to dismiss/big up/offer advice about fitting xxxxx to it/proclaiming the wheel size is or isn’t appropriate..

Ta. 😆

Be funny if you go for a shit and he posts a card through your door to collect it Monday.l

johnw1984
    Free Member

That wouldn’t be funny at all bikebouy! 😀

Well, literally 3 mins after posting… it arrived! Knock on the door, dogs went mental and I dragged it into the front room.

Santa Cruz Hightower C S+ Build in glorious Sriracha Red!

Don’t want to get it dirty…

Guess I better get sorted selling my old bike now 🙂

matt_outandabout

That’s niiice.

Could you not do the ironing first though?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Well tasty! but you need to do your washing, and shut that drawer man!

chakaping
    Free Member

Sweet ride.

Goldigger
    Free Member

If you hadn’t spent all your money on the Santa Cruz, you could have bought some real food rather than chewing the rug…

PolisherMan

Yeah, that drawer! Doing me head in… Please close it.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Haha, glad I didn’t take the pic in the yard!

Surprised the missus hasn’t told me off for posting pics before the morning tidy 🙂

I demoed a 29er version and a Tallboy a couple of months ago. Nearly went fora Tallboy, but didn’t see any deals that grabbed me. Then I saw the 27.5+ on Stif.

Thought I’d give the + wheels a go. Going to get some 29er wheels eventually though. Best thing about the + is that it comes with a 150mm travel fork and apparently a fair few people run this on the 29er too.

jekkyl

Nice. I like the clutterless bars with the brake and shifter integrated.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Bloody hell, it’s closed! 🙂

Yeah, the bars look pretty cool with the stealth graphics too. They’re only 760mm wide though and I’m used to 780mm with a bit of rise. I’ll give them a few rides first to see what I think.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Johnw1984…lovely looking bike,best colour obviously but I am biased 😉 is that the 27.5+ flavour?. 150mm fork works nicely with 29 wheels too in low or high chip position. Enjoy your new precious

joebristol

Lovely new bike – no wonder you’re excited!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Thanks all 🙂

It’s still in the living room so I can just look at it, no feeling like a new bike!

Yep, 27.5+ Spec for the price was a no brainer really. Going to give the plus tyres a go, but eventually get some 29er wheels.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

What size is that johnw1984?

Also what model exactly are the forks? I can’t see it of Stif’s site….

johnw1984
    Free Member

It’s an XL and the fork is a Pike RC (150mm). Link below to the one I bought.

https://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/santa-cruz-hightower-27-5-carbon-c-s-kit-bike/14638

I love the small details too. They spec a 170mm Reverb on the XL. I’ve got it down right to the collar and it feels good with no shoes on. I might have to pull it up a cm or two still yet.

For reference, I’m 6’2″ with a 33 inseam. The large Stumpy that’s going in the classifieds soon is too small for my liking.

coomber
    Free Member

Lush

Wookster

That’s gorgeous mate! Enjoy!

Robz
    Free Member

Love the colour.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Going to take it on a test/setup ride tomorrow at the local park, see how it goes.

Lusted after a Hightower since they were released and in this colour.

The demo confirmed that it was the one for me. Managed a steep, wet, rocky climb on the ride. It made me feel like a hero as I was the only one who did it 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

That rug is straight outta the 70s!

johnw1984
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that it’s straight outta Ikea! 😀

Blame Nic, I didn’t pick it.

deserter
    Free Member

Great choice I love mine, I got the shop to swap my + wheels for the 29er wheels when I bought it so mine is setup like a plus but with the 29er wheels

Haven’t bothered flipping the chip as it feels so good already

johnw1984
    Free Member

That was my thinking deserter, but i wanted to try the plus first. I’ll be getting 29er wheels eventually 🙂

I’ve heard a few people using the 29er wheels in the different position and liking it. Suppose it shows just how versatile the frame is.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Day!’ is closed to new replies.