Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New Bike (Darkside mainstream tat content)
  • tollah
    Free Member

I’ve had all the insults under the sun thrown at me over the last day or so for selling out and getting this so fill ya boots, I don’t care it rides so sweet I’d do it again 🙂

In daylight after a little ride. by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

on a none roady/sort of related type reply – spesh bikes are amazing, its probably the only mainstream brand id get for a MTB these days (possibly santa cruz if i could afford!)

that looks nice though if road is your thing!

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ve had all the insults under the sun thrown at me over the last day or so for selling out and getting this so fill ya boots, I don’t care it rides so sweet I’d do it again

You must be new here. We all have road bikes.

Edit: OIC Clubber.

NormalMan

Very nice.

You won’t get any abuse from me, I’ve got 2 Spesh road bikes!

clubber
    Free Member

I think it’s because he’s known as a niche wh0re and you don’t get much less niche than a spesh.

But I think it’s great. A sign of growing as a man that Sheldon can be comfortable with himself and buy such a mainstream product rather than buy something niche for the sake of it.

Of course, several of his niche mates on fb are still struggling with that as far as I could see 😉 Don’t worry Sheldon, they’ll become better people one day… they’re still on the journey, man 😉

wwaswas

small ring/big ring? Non drive side? Wrong crank arm forward? mtb pedals?

*wanders off muttering and tries not to comment on the lawn*

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rule 29
    Rule 34
    Otherwise, very nice!

Lawn looks a little mossy, though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Spesh bikes leave me a bit meh. Think of them as the Audi of the bike world. Though I did test ride a Crux the other day and it was bloody brilliant 😕 Sure the Tarmac is equally good.

tollah
    Free Member

Clubber don’t worry normal service is being resumed as we speak I have another custom MTB on order 🙂

wwaswas, yup, quick snap but I should have know better! And pedals temporary as my CB order only arrived the same day. I need to go and buy some roadie pedals and shoes.
    CFH, you’re right and will be sorted asap

Jamie, sorry not new here at all but what Clubber said! And I’ve not really posted much here for a year or so been to busy riding 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

The bag has to go. I’m sure there is a rule about rainbow stripes on the bike too, or maybe that is just jerseys.

tomhoward

you don’t get much less niche than a spesh.

Ahem, my 2 Treks and I beg to differ…..

OP, nice bike, but it’s, errm, how shall I put this?, got pink bits on it…..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m sure there is a rule about rainbow stripes on the bike too….

Rainbows AND pink?

😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Nice, looks like a pretty extreme position, I’m guessing you’re not from the usual STW demographic?

jekkyl

tarmac’s an odd choice of frame material.

Del

The wok probably rests on the top tube so hands on bars are just for the controls rather than supporting weight.. 😉
    edit: at least that’s how it works with mine.

clubber
    Free Member

Genuine LOL, Del 🙂

benji
    Free Member

Nice bike, not sure why everyone has to despise the big manufacturers they bring lots of people into our great hobby, and in the early days the specialized stumpjumper was a very nice and sought after bike.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

The Niche Empire appears to be crumbling.

geoffj

Mainstream is teh new niche!

Nice that – no pissing about with relaxed sportive geometry!

Not sure about the white deep section wheels though.

tollah
    Free Member

Lol @ Del, speak for yourself mate!

stumpy01

Is it black and pink? Or was that photo taken on a Polaroid in 1973?

Looks nice though. I love Spesh, me.

tollah
    Free Member

Carbon fibre, with white and Pink.

LMT
    Free Member

Thats nice, do like the s-works speshi’s, would love a speshi road bike just the price put me off, maybe once the canyon falls apart, but won’t be for a while!

rOcKeTdOg

no discs?

*walks off disappointed*

tollah
    Free Member

no discs?

Not heavy enough to need them 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New Bike (Darkside mainstream tat content)’ is closed to new replies.