Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New bike content (plastic & big wheeled content)
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Well after I cracked my Raleigh Airlite Race during the CRC Sportive in Shropshire – the BB shell cracked all the way round where the carbon chain stays are bonded in.

Pretty scary considering I did another 25 miles and hit 46mph on the final descent with an annoying creak that I thought was the saddle rails 😯

Well I dropped it off at the Bike Factory on the way back and the warranty/workshop guy took one look and went “oh dear that’s a bit broken” (or words to that effect) it got stripped down and sent back to Raleigh for assessment.

On Thursday I had a phone call from the Bike Factory and said they had my new bike in ready for me, so after a rapid drive back from that London, i arrived at the bike factory and this was sat waiting for me. It’s a Raleigh SP Comp BTW.

First ride on Friday night, it’s fair to say it’s way better than the old one, much more responsive to pedal input, comfier and one helluva lot stiffer when on the drops and cranking out of the saddle :mrgreen:

Dropped on a set of Exustar (look Keo Style) pedals this afternoon and I am most impressed, just one thing to change – the wheels as it’s currently rolling on a set of RS10’s they’re not the lightest so I’ve got my eye on a set of RS80’s, should drop 400g’s instantly, yey!!

Heading out tomorrow on a decent length local ride, so a report may well follow.

Dancake
    Free Member

how much travel has it got?>

steve_b77
    Free Member

5-10mm 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sofaking
    Free Member

5-10mm

you need more air in your tyres

steve_b77
    Free Member

On carpet that is

rOcKeTdOg

Don’t light that fire!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

When I first looked at the pic I thought his telly was set a bit low 😳

steve_b77
    Free Member

First decent kinda ride today, most excellent is the impression. Far better than the bike it replaced and the new 105 certainly feels as good as the old Ultegra 6600

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New bike content (plastic & big wheeled content)’ is closed to new replies.