Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike content (and a whats it worth question)
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

So got my new cycle to work scheme bike. We are restricted to Halfords and have the budget limited, so this was easily the best bang for the buck.

It was much much better to ride than I thought it would be and I would have been very happy with it. But……it shall now be known as the donor bike, because….

I have wanted this Handjob frame they have had hanging up at Llandegla for the last few years (not sure why it hasn’t gone). As it’s just been my birthday and I was looking for a present it all came together nicely. Allows me to add a great schoolboy joke – I got a great handjob off Katie at Oneplanet adventure. Isn’t quite right because Jay and Jim sorted me out, but that’s not as funny and I know Katie searches the forum. So now it looks like this, very pleased.

But I now have a 1 ride old Boardman Team frame (and headset), so what do we think its worth?

STATO
    Free Member

considering its not yours its 'worth' keeping it hung up in the shed for now.

jfeb
    Free Member

STATO makes a good point. You are only leasing the bike off your employer. If you leave your job they may ask for the bike back, although I suspect this is unlikely.

Has anyone actually heard of a situation where the employer wanted they bike back?

Edit: But I would guess £50 to £100 to sell it

LMT
    Free Member

What size frame is it?? if its a small will give you £50 for it!

nickc

Personally I'd have kept the Boardman frame, but there you go. £100 at most on the classifieds.

atlaz
    Free Member

My recollection of the rules of B2W are a bit rusty but if you sell it, you're actually nicking it off your employer. Leave off selling unless you're 100% sure they (or, I suppose, the tax man) won't ask for proof you still have it.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Its my 3rd C2C bike, my company don't even ask for a token final payment.

tinsy
    Free Member

That Boardman frame looks lovely doesnt it…. How much was that bike?

Cove looks nice too mind you…

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Boardman was just under £850. Very impressed with it when I rode it. This is a replacment for my GT Aggressor XCR(use them as mt mid week ride bike). I think that was a good bit over £700 whn I got it., buto comparison though. Really fast and lovely to ride. high spec components for the money.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike content (and a whats it worth question)’ is closed to new replies.