Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • New bike complete tested and……………………
  • matt_outandabout

oooh. That extra plate on the linkage would help stiffen it some..

mamadirt
    Free Member

deertrackdoctor – Member

i would have loved one of these

What’s the difference (apart from the colour)? Looking good btw – I know where there’s is a small frame at a bargain price and I’m sooo tempted (particularly in the light of the glowing Dirt mag reviews) but the colour (brass monkey, I think – is that what yours is?) put me off a bit. Loving the yellow accents though. Hmmmm, wonder what it’d look like with blue bits . . .

I really like the new shape 2011 model but sheesh, how expensive . . .

pinkyponk
    Free Member

I saw that at rutland, good price, i quite liked the colour, kind of understated. Its different to this i think. Mine has a lot of blue hope kit on it and looks good against the grey. should be here tues, i hope !!!

stooo
    Free Member

Haha – Steve is always trying to talk people out of buying stuff. Strange sales tactic. Actually seems to work though.

pro lapsed disc,work ,baby etc but im kickin keen to get back out

Sounds familiar. I slipped a disc when my wee one was 3 months old. Horrible stuff.

She’s coming up for 3 now, and having moved to inners 6 months ago from Edinburgh, I’m trying to grab any spare moment I can out on the trails. Gimmi a shout if you’re up for a pedal sometime.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nice looking bike there, just the right amount if accenting 😉

Alex

DTD’s has the “stiffened” brace. Mate had that retro-fitted, we called it the “biffer link” 🙂 The stays were changed between 08 and 09s again to make them stiffer.

Mate of mine has an early one and it seemed absolutely fine in the Pyrenees. So I wouldn’t worry about which one you have.

Liking the yellow DTD 🙂

Alex

And without stealing DTD’s thunder… white can work as well.

ST 4 built not ridden by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

pinkyponk
    Free Member

that looks killer ! So Did the “biffer link” make any difference to it then ?

pinkyponk
    Free Member

What length travel forks are you using. ive got pikes waiting fo mine, wound down to 120mm

wwaswas

Alex – like the gibbet collection at the end of the garden there.

JamieMc
    Free Member

Like it, i’ll keep an eye out for you when im out and about. Peebles Local

Alex

That’s for the kids 🙂

My mate is a big lad, and he reckoned it stiffened it up quite significantly. I noticed my old (09) one was a bit flexy, but never a huge issue riding. Had a few other problems, hence Orange shipping me a new one.

Reba 120s on there, same on DTD’s I think.

I prefer it, mainly because it’s a 68 deg head angle (so slackened off half a degree I think) and just feels a bit stiffer all round.

gamo
    Free Member

I got mine end of April 2010 and had too wait 8 weeks for Orange to
    paint a batch in disco black(I spoke to orange at the time about an
    alternative colour so know this is true), the shop i bought it from
    (wont be back!) also told me that Orange had just changed the frame
    and this would be the same as 2011 model(not true!),anyway i have a different linkage on mine and am now wondering if they changed it again
    between april and the new one coming out?
    I love riding mine but am peed that the new one came out so soon after i got it!i wasn’t deperate and would have waited a few months had i not
    been b—–ited by the shop and now seeing yours am wondering if Orange
    changed it again?
    Moan over its a great bike none the less!

gamo
    Free Member

Here is pretty crappy pic.

pinkyponk
    Free Member

Brake hose routing looks different on this fella, i think mine (if it ever gets here) goes along the top tube. So how many versions or updaes where there of the origional ?

Alex

Can’t see the linkage from that photo.. does it have the cross brace at the front like DTDs?

Both of mine had brake routing under the downtube.

Wookster

love it mate!

gamo
    Free Member

No cross brace. To be fair i am 14st on the bike and have never found it
    flexy and i have had a couple of hustlers before this so used to a pretty stiff setup!
    Going to give Orange a call today and ask about the brace.

argyle
    Free Member

Hey mamadirt – I’ve got a small baby blue st4 frame for sale if you’re interested. Do you a good price for sorting me with that C-16r years ago!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooh Ran, that’s very tempting and I’m a sucker for baby blue 😛 . . . and orange. If my Slopestyle sells I’ll drop you an email – cheers!

argyle
    Free Member

i’ll keep an eye out!

_tom_
    Free Member

Loving that colour scheme 🙂

pinkyponk
    Free Member

it came in the end.
    Cant get to ride until monday – cant wait !

IMG00045-20101029-1018 by kimberley robinson, on Flickr

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘New bike complete tested and……………………’ is closed to new replies.