Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New bike clothing brand….
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

http://www.ion-bike.com/home/look_book/#.UFCOM7JlSik

As a kitesurfer, (where these guys do make some very nice kit) I was interested to see they have branched out into bike kit.

Now, I happen to know that the kitesurf/windsurf kit they make is actually very good, well made, designed etc, but looking at this, you would have thought they might have employed someone with some bike knowledge on the look book photoshoot.

it all just looks a bit wrong ie the piss pot, goggles, xc race shoes, trail bike combo, like they put all the things they felt were on trend onto one person to make it uber-trend or something…

Frankly, it put me off buying the kit, even though I know the brand is a quality offering (at least for kiting)..

I didn’t think I was such a brand whore before opening the ION look book!

neninja
    Free Member

It looks like they’re copying the Maloja stuff with there surf styled shorts for bike riding.

wrecker
    Free Member

Looks OK; if a little german-ey. Are they German?
    Lets see the prices.

honourablegeorge

I can’t see anyone with piss pot and goggles and SPDs.

And even if so, what’s the issue? I often wear pisspot and goggles on fast, wet days. Goggles work better with a pisspot than with standard lids.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I didn’t think I was such a brand whore

I did.

😉

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I didn’t think I was such a brand whore
    I did.

I can’t afford to be anymore – time out of the bike industry but on bike industry money! Pah!

messiah
    Free Member

lifestyle 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

out of the bike industry but on bike industry money! Pah

Ouch! All going well, though?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Looks good. Good to see a fair mix of men and women.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

not really flashy, in all honesty could be a lot better but struggling to find an alternative – ideas on a postcard mate 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will dig out your email…!

AlexSimon

Looks nice stuff, but assuming it’s in the £70-100 for shorts territory, then I’m probably never going to buy.

Gotama
    Free Member

Now, I happen to know that the kitesurf/windsurf kit they make is actually very good, well made, designed etc, but looking at this, you would have thought they might have employed someone with some bike knowledge on the look book photoshoot.

it all just looks a bit wrong ie the piss pot, goggles, xc race shoes, trail bike combo, like they put all the things they felt were on trend onto one person to make it uber-trend or something…

Oh i dunno, looks like ‘ol pisspot lid knows what he’s doing….

Ion rider

stany
    Free Member

I didn’t get to the clothing cos i couldn’t get past the state of his rear wheel!!!!!!! What the F……. Methinks he is about to skin himself

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New bike clothing brand….’ is closed to new replies.