Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • New Bike Choices-Opinions needed please!
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I am looking at getting a new full susser and would value any feedback that you folk can offer. Most of my riding is woodsy local stuff or trail centres such as GT, Inners, Kirroughtree. I am not the hardest rider but am carrying 100KG….

I have ummed and ahhed for a bit and made a shortlist of 3 bikes for consideration based on various deals I can get on them

1. Specialized Stumpjumper Evo. 150mm, reasonably slack, similar to my last bike(Zesty). Most expensive option but comes with a good package from shop plus a load of vouchers. Wouldn’t really be looking to change much from stock apart from the stem. Feeling that I wouldn’t really ever need this much travel/maximise the bike….

2. Ghost AMR 7500. 120mm, very well specced as standard IMO. Saw one today and looks excellent. Loads of good reviews. More capable than its travel apparently. I am a little between the 48&52cm models though….

3. Cannondale RZ 120. Budget option(costs 1/3 of the Stumpy) with some of my better kit replacing oriinal parts-Blackbox Rebas, Pro2/Stans Flow wheels, SRAM XO, Hope Tech 4’s etc. Heard quite good reports from a few folk. In fact the only negative I heard was poor paint from a guy I met the other week….

Anyone got views on these bikes or indeed suggestions?

Cheers

Will

5AM
    Free Member

How about a Norco Fluid, I saw a 2010 model in Evans last week with a £1000 off.

I couldn’t be happier with my 2009 Fluid LT 2.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Choices-Opinions needed please!’ is closed to new replies.