Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New bike choices?
  • jonb
    Free Member

Dilema! I’ve had a difficult week thinking about buying a new bike.

Currently got a commuter and road bike which I definately want to keep.

Also got a 456.

I’ve been thinking about getting a full suss. Something for long days and big hills. Something like a Pitch/Enduro or Trek Fuel Ex 8.

But recently I’ve got a desire for a light as possible race/marathon bike for doing long races like the Merida, Kielder 100 and if I can get the legs a 24hr solo.

I can’t afford to run three mountain bikes and I don’t want that many either. I was thinking of building up a cheap bike as a lightweight but I don’t think that’s a good grounding for long riding as it will probably break. Then I thought about selling my current bike and buying a 4-5″ hardtail for most riding and a race hardtail but I don’t want to ride a full suss through winter (I barely keep my hardtail running now).

So what do you think I should do. Do ou have any recommendations of bikes a I should look at. Ideally I’d like a super lightweight 6″ full suss that I can race xc on but they don’t seem to make them 🙁 Or a super strong uber lightweight race bike but I can’t afford one of those.

Suggestions and if you want pics for inspirations

Jimbo
    Free Member

jfeb
    Free Member

Despite the apparently poor review in MBR try a Bionicon Golden Willow. Adjustable geometry on the fly makes it suitable for both racing and mini-DH (eg head angle adjustable from 67 to 74 degrees from memory). They do a lightweight Scandium version too.

Try one out.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

check out the proflex’s on Pauls cycles or maybe a Scott genius 50?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New bike choices?’ is closed to new replies.