Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New bike choice?
  • scott-b
    Free Member

Hi all. I’m looking for some help from the STW collective. Having been away from the MTB scene for a good few years I am now back in the market for a new bike. My last bike was an on one 456 and previously owned a Heckler. My work are offering the C2W scene through Halfords or Tredz.
    Just looking for the best specced hardtail bike around £750 to ride some trail centres and sherwood pines with my 11yr old boy. Im also confused by the 29ér / 650 scenario. What happened to 26″wheels? I assume 29ér is the way to go?
    Anyone have any recommendations of a hardtail for my price range (could stretch to £1000 if needed)

Thanks

fifeandy
    Free Member

What happened to 26″wheels?

They were a ploy by bike manufacturers to milk consumers before moving onto proper size wheels

jonas
    Free Member

Welcome back ,I think BikeRadar on YouTube has some “best mountain bikes under 1000£” or somthing like that take a look at that 🙂

superstu
    Free Member

Voodoo Bizango in Halfords is currently down to £500, I’d be tempted by that.

olly2097
    Free Member

Bizango is a riot. Spend the change on some deore brakes or a dropper.

scott-b
    Free Member

Thanks, have done a fair bit of googling and looked at reviews. Too much to choose from, but I quite fancy an orange clockwork and can get one for a grand, (over my initial budget though). Any thoughts on the clockwork and 29er (100mm travel) or 27.5 (120mm) travel)?
    I know spec isn’t as good as others but always been a fan of Orange bikes?
    Decisions, Decisions!!

scott-b
    Free Member

Although the Bizango looks a bargain

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New bike choice?’ is closed to new replies.