Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New bike – but not for me, suggestions for my 12 year old daughter..
  • Alex

My 12 year old daughter is now 1m68. She’s fast outgrowing this:

Haugh Woods MTB with Jessie by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

which I built about this time last year. Most of the stuff (not forks they’re very, very old!) I’d like to transfer to something a bit bigger. But can you get frame only small-ish Women’s specific deals? Not sure if to go for HT or FS either. We probably ride 15-20 times a year when the weather is nice mainly in local woods or easy trails in the FoD.

Any ideas on what might be a good next bike? She’s not finished growing yet either!

chriswilk
    Free Member

something second hand off here, hardtail.
    Or a frame from On-one / Merlin / etc. for ~150.
    Don’t limit to WSD. 2 of my daughters (11 and 13) ride mens – one a Giant XTC team and one a scott scale.
    They seem to fit really well.

Alex

If I bought her another hardtail she’d have to stand up more on the descents. That FS has ruined her technique 😉 2nd Hand was what I was thinking based on the amount of riding we do and any minute now she might just go all teenager and not interested in bikes anymore on me. Like my 14 year old 😉

Reckon she’d be okay on a Small now for most makes. or maybe an XS. Have to get her to sit on a few in the bike shop.

Santaslittlehelper
    Free Member

Hi, is this of any interest to you?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-specialized-hardrock-comp-disc-15-full-bike

My 15 year old son who is 5’10” is just out grown it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New bike – but not for me, suggestions for my 12 year old daughter..’ is closed to new replies.