• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • New bike build, the classified do work…
  • z1ppy

Sorry for the dire pictures but I only have my Camera phone to use…

So finally convinced my m8 his bike was too large for him (& crap) and needed replacing, as all the parts are worn out and it's not really worth spending any cash on… though to be fair it's got him riding regularly and he was happy on it.

Old bike, a Raleigh Incognito:

New bike based on a Boardman Team frame purchased off here:

Forks were off his old bike, Phil Jevon's (off here, dunno his user ID) had supplied me some old forks which I fitted to the Raleigh, so he can still use it as a commuter. New chain/cassette/crankset & brakes, as I don't like using 2nd hand drive train, & hydro brakes have become a major irratation to me (f**king bu**ering things). All the rest was sourced 2nd hand off here off the classifieds, or from mine or my m8's spares boxes.
    So a thanks to everyone else from this site that supplied bits (though they didn't all necessarily get used on this bike), in no particular order: Johnikgriff, Spud, TimP, Toprangarider, MrTall, Rocketdog, Fishbone and anyone else I've forgotten & even a stem (not shown) out of a Halford parts bin (obviously not connected to this site).

A contribution will be going to the site (he's yet to pay me for it – parts only no charge for the build) & yes the brakes need shortening when CRC get the olive back in stock…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘New bike build, the classified do work…’ is closed to new replies.