Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • New bike build- Salsa Horsethief
  • damascus
    Free Member

It does look better in black!

damascus
    Free Member

My choice was between the bandit, horsethief and tall boy LT. Ultimately, it came down to price. They are all similar looking beasts.

damascus
    Free Member

The bandit

The tall boy, a thing of beauty with a price tag to match

theflatboy
    Free Member

Sorry to interrupt your stream of consciousness run of posts, damascus, but I wonder if they changed the top tube/seat tube brace assembly because people like crazybaboon were cracking them… 🙂

damascus
    Free Member

Feel free to interupt 😀

Has anyone snapped one yet? If you see one up close they are well made and seem bombproof, almost reinforced, but I guess it depends on riders weight, length of post and what you are doing with it Etc. Did crazybaboon have any issues with it in the end?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have one too and have read a fair bit of forum chat, I can’t say I’ve heard of any failing anywhere never mind at the seat tube junction. I can only half echo damascus’s findings, I actually think it climbs very well for a full susser, previously I’ve always felt robbed of power or seasick climb on bounce before. But yes very very fast on the downs certainly faster than anything I’ve ridden before or at least gives me the confidence to go that extra bit. Does need a bit of manhandling in the switchbacks.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘New bike build- Salsa Horsethief’ is closed to new replies.