• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by core.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New bike build, finished at last!
  • core

MK 2 Scandal 29er build, mostly second hand off classifieds, including frame, forks, wheels, tyres, rear mech, shifters.

About 9 months since I got the frame, finally got some other projects finished and the credit card paid off so finished over the last few weeks.

21 mile road ride tonight to test her out, only issue was a squeaky front brake!

Spec:

MK 2 Scandal 29er
    100mm reba
    Salsa by formula hubs on sun ringle wheelset
    X King 2.2 tyres
    XT shifters
    XT Cassette
    XT Rear mech
    XT front mech
    Old deore brakes
    Thomson post
    Spoon seat
    Ragley wiser bars
    M part stem
    ODI Grips

Came in a smidge over £900.

What do we think?

peakyblinder
    Free Member

Is that an antique 26inch wheel in front of it?

(Nice bike btw).

core

That’s off a top of the range 2013 bike, now obsolete.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailmoggy
    Free Member

Aggghh it’s a mountain bike

superstu
    Free Member

Lovely. Building one myself at the moment*

*well amassing bits in the garage with no building taking place thus far

JoeG
    Free Member

A seat pack! 😡 🙄

spawnofyorkshire

Like it 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

I like it. Fwiw if i was building a new bike up i would happily start with a v2 scandal, and likely end up with a very similar build. Apart from the tyres, as a front tyre find the xking A bit crap in the wet/damp/dust/loose, but i have had on on the rear for a while and its fine. Get a dual compound smorgasbord on the front, soooo worth the weight when you go back down hill. Also on-one are doing geax gato 29er 2.3 folding for £8 at the moment. (£8!!!) and they have more than good enough reviews to risk the money.

core

Tyres are likely to be a bit very crap anything wet/loose, think that’s a given, but they came on the rims, and hopefully will do for the summer at least. Also, as this bike is going to get used for mixed rides from home probably comprising about 1/2 to 2/3 road and fairly gentle off road, then something which rolls well is quite a high priority, for now. Will have a look at those Geax though.

The seat pack – I know they’re love or hate, I didn’t want to take a camelback, but did want some tools just in case, as it was the first ride, seat pack was the best option, might bin it off for the next ride, as I can fit essentials in jersey pockets no doubt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New bike build, finished at last!’ is closed to new replies.