Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • new bike build – Brake Hose at the Caliper: Inside or Outside of the frame?
  • jekkyl

So I spent most of saturday building up my new (to me) Soul frame. I’ve never built a bike before so I was keen to have a go and see how I’d get on. Pleased to say it went very well and I had a great time with some tunes on and the stand in the kitchen/dining room area while the wife went out all day. One thing I wasn’t sure about when it came to it was the rear brake hose, from the caliper should it go inside or outside of the frame to get to the first stay on seat stay? From looking at it I really couldn’t decide which looked better but where the hose was attached to the caliper it looked like it was slightly closer to the outside so I went with that, thinking that perhaps it would give more clearance than on the inside from the tyre when the wheels are on. But after getting the wheels on it looks as though there’d be no problem with tyre clearance.

So just wondered if there was a standard or what do folk prefer? and does it matter?

wwaswas

I always go with running on the inside of a tube so that the hose won;t get damaged if the bike falls over and lands on something hard during a crash/car park moment.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Saved me typing all that out. Thanks wwaswas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘new bike build – Brake Hose at the Caliper: Inside or Outside of the frame?’ is closed to new replies.