Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • new bike budget 2700 and 140 or 160mm travel? help reqd.
  • cide10
    Free Member

Hi all,

As it says, i have about 2700 ready to spend on a new bike. I currently have a giant trance but looking for a bit of extra travel whilst not getting too heavy. I ride UK trail centres (wales – cwmcarn, whites level – scotland etc. so some chunky and some trails) and also do alot of cross country but am potentially looking at alps in next year or so. Whilst it sounds like i want the world, i probably want something that can handle the UK stuff and possibly step up if i decide to go abroad without being a pig.

I have been swayed by the lapierre craze and looking at the 2013 zesty 414 as this seems to be a bit of a do it all bike without being too heavy, whilst having good spec. Also looked at the spicy for extra travel but not sure how easy this would be on a 30mile xc slug up hills etc (although fun going down).

The 414 has a good spec but if there is anything else that you can recommend with same or better spec, then im happy to have a look.

Thanks in advance

Craig

funkybaj
    Free Member

Zesty seems a good bike for what you describe. 2014 versions should be announced soon mind so you might want to wait – either to see what changes are made (650b?) or pick up a discounted 2013 bike.

rucknar
    Free Member

Transition Bandit might be a possibility?

cide10
    Free Member

Cheers guys, tyring to decide now so that once the 2014 models are released i can grab a 2013 at a good price 😉

cabeaumont
    Free Member

Having sold my Trek Session 88 and now having just a Trek Fuel I am looking to sell the Fuel to buy a ‘do it all’ bike for very similar duties and a similar budget.

This is where I’m most tempted to put my money (Warning: YT Industries content!)

Also considering the Nukeproof Mega AM

cide10
    Free Member

Looks a nice bike but cant seem to find the full spec?

a mate mentioned the canyon strive al 9.0. spec is pretty sweet although availability seems hard to find.

Did look at the Nukperoof too. So many exciting decisions.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Spend that money on a frame and new forks and transfer the bits across.

In true STW form of recommend what you’ve got I’d say Covert but the Bandit is a good call too. The bits on my Covert started out on a Reign although I kept forks I did change wheels and brakes. Nukeproof is a good suggestion as they are great value but perhaps too big/Alps orientated for most of your use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘new bike budget 2700 and 140 or 160mm travel? help reqd.’ is closed to new replies.