Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Bike and Haribo – Thanks Wiggle
  • m360
    Free Member

£388, less £11 topcashback, makes this a bit of a bargain I think 8)

Long time since I bought a new bike, and I was reluctant to get it mail order, but I can’t fault Wiggle. I ordered it 8pm Monday night, it arrived 9am Wednesday (today). Got multi-tool, pedal spanner, two sets of pedals (?) and some Haribo. All I had to do was bolt the bar on…well, after I’d flipped the stem and removed some spacers.

Also added U-lock, mudguards, pannier rack, my own Saint pedals and most importantly – slime inner tubes! Think it needs a flat bar to be honest, front still feels high to me, but I’ve promised myself I should ride it for a week and see if I adjust.

Importantly it means that I can now strip the mountain bike and give it some long overdue TLC without needing it for work. XT brakes and tubeless tyres in a box waiting to “update” it a bit 😈

rOcKeTdOg

How much haribo? Is it proportional to how much u spend?

dknwhy

Why have you photographed it in front of my garage?
    Looks good btw.

m360
    Free Member

How much haribo? Is it proportional to how much u spend?

A small bag, about 8, so about enough to last while bolting the bars on and fuel a short test ride 😛

Why have you photographed it in front of my garage?

I always photograph my bike in front of a random garage, just in case any thieving scum recognise mine. Sorry 😳

U-lock added some weight but I like it where it is mounted. Keeps the weight lower and leaves the main triangle free for bottles and frame bag if needed. Speaking of which, the frame is clear of cables and hoses making it ideal for bar bags etc.

Also plenty of heel room for panniers with the longer stays. Was clipping these when fitted to the mountain bike. Interesting to see how it handles loaded, the mtb was a bit wobbly. Might even have room to shift the bags forward on the rack a bit.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

saint pedals look great with the reflectors on

in other news, i had an order from Wiggle last week with no Haribo, nearly took the rant to Twitter, the kids were heartbroken 😆

deadkenny
    Free Member

For a bike, I’d expect nothing less than a big box of Haribo.

superstu
    Free Member

That’s really smart. Bargain price

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Bike and Haribo – Thanks Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.