Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New bike advice
  • Bedds
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

So I’ve gone off riding.. as in, I just don’t enjoy doing the big jumpy steep stuff my mates all now ride and enjoy.

I’ve got a decent bike and have done a day with Jedi to sort my mind out with regards jumping.. I’m just fed up of riding steep stuff and being either scared or indifferent.

I did 24/12 this year and loved the ride, so much so that I have signed up today to do the 12 hour solo, I always preferred going fast with my wheels on the ground rather than jumping so I think this move would help me get my mojo back.

I don’t really want to do a 12hr solo on my Capra, I mean I could, but I was thinking of getting some xc orientated and maybe also doing a few local races as part of my training. I’d quite like to train hard and put in a good showing if I’m honest.

This year at 24/12 was awful and so in my head I’m thinking about going hardtail (I’m quite taken with the Orbea Alma), but would a full sus xc bike be a better choice? – I’ve had a Giant Anthem but moved away from it when my mates started riding bigger.

I could just do with hearing some other peoples thoughts on this (and for anyone who does 12hr solo regularly what do you ride?

Cheers

Ian

6079smithw
    Free Member

Scott Genius shirley

pigyn
    Free Member

An Oiz would be ideal! A lot of people happily race 10-24hrs on hardtails, a lot depends what sort of condition you are in flexible/core etc. Even if you can handle it, a full sus would be a better call.
    Alma to save the cash or get custom colours, Oiz for comfort at the expense of cost.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fudge9202
    Free Member

I’d get a Salsa Spearfish, great bike had one for a short while, comfortable and very fast. Like you went to something with more travel , the Horsethief

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New bike advice’ is closed to new replies.