Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New bike
  • michaelwh91
    Free Member

Can anyone help !!?? I’m looking at getting a new full sus bike that is more of a do anything bike , can anyone recommend a few please? I’ve got a budget of around 2/2500 .. Thanks in advance .

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Plenty of choice. Usual suspects: Giant Trance, Canyon Spectral, Rose Uncle Jimbo, Bird Aeris, Whyte T130, Vitus Sommet/Escarpe, Kona Process, Commencal Meta. Demo’s are useful.

michaelwh91
    Free Member

Thanks , I’ve been looking at the commencal meta am and the vitus escarpe , I think I’m just spiolt for choice ! And I’m struggling to find someone who stocks them locally as I’d definitely demo first ..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

that is more of a do anything bike

Define everything 🙂

Probably a bit more about where and what you ride really but heaps of bikes that cover a big range, do you prefer to put up with a bit of weight for comfort or want something that will take the edge off but still fly along all day?

bigrich

modern 120mmish 29ers are amazeballs.

Jeffsy

muggomagic

I had a similar budget to you and months of changing my mind. In the end it came down to 4 bikes. Jeffsy, Whyte t130, Specialized Stumpjumper 6fattie and the Stumpjumper 650b.

Ruled out the whyte as at the time the dates they would be back in stock were very vague “should be by the end of July or August”. The spec of the SJ 650b wasn’t that inspiring.
    I ended up going for the 6fattie over the Jeffsy, because there was very little difference in price after the delivery charges from Germany and the discount offered on the 6fattie, plus (probably most important) all the benefits of buying from a lbs like having a test ride and if any issues they’re only 10 minutes away.

Good luck.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

YT Capra?

uberscott

I was in the same position as you, and ended up going for a Bird Aeris. I’m gobsmacked by the performance of this bike! Climbs superbly well, very controlled under braking, brilliant fun on the descents. So far I’ve ridden it at Gisburn and Bike Park Wales, and it’s been spectacular on both occasions.

About £2500 would probably get you full XT M8000 gear with Rockshox Monarch shock & a Pike fork, plus a Reverb stealth.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I agree with Uberscott. The Aeris climbs a lot better than my Stumpjumper (despite it weighing a bit more).

Also feels miles faster downhill and very composed over jumps.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Trance x i reckon. Can be had for less than 2k

michaelwh91
    Free Member

Thanks for all the ideas guys ! And to just to define’do anything’ I’m probably looking for something that is great for all day trail riding etc but can handle a bit of punishment when going down hill. I’m more swayed towards a 650b and suspension travel has got me as there seems to be a lot of choices in this category ??

You can’t not consider a Capra

£2800 got me a carbon with Guide RS brakes, reverb, Monarch plus shock, Lyriks and Raceface kit.

Al models will come in well within your budget

Oh and they are cracking bikes

matther01
    Free Member

^^^ yep 2nd that. Very very impressive bike even before you take into account how much good value they are. My only regret is I have last years with the Pikes and not the Lyriks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New bike’ is closed to new replies.