Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • New Bike
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Well got my early 30th present arrived yesterday.
    Merida Cyclocross 300 2015 £599 10 speed Tiarga.
    cracking ride, great for local trails when the mtb is a bit too much bike.
    Really impressed. Just waiting for some SPD pedals and shoes hence the bright blue DMR flats.

fadda

Cranks not level, lawn, and your barbeque looks a bit “utilitarian”…

(Nice bike, though)

atlaz
    Free Member

Also, maybe it’s just how the Tiagra shifters look or the angle of the photo but the bars look a bit funny like they’re rotated a little downwards. Also, pie plate on the rear wheel and reflectors.

As above though, nice looking bike

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Merak

It’s a tough crowd this morning.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Not my garden River Darwen Cycle path behind Ewood park. Bars need rotating upwards slightly. Seat needs moving back and up slightly also.

I’m a stupid size 5ft 10 and have to go for the Larger size in bikes because I’m between medium and large.

The reflectors and cassette plastic thing are going later after a ride later. Very happy with it.

rOcKeTdOg

Not much top tube/teabag space there in case of an off if that’s your normal saddle height

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’m a stupid size 5ft 10 and have to go for the Larger size in bikes because I’m between medium and large.

Whut? Where do you get that from? You go for the more suitable size, that looks too big. Unless you are planning to move the saddle up several cm………

I’ve always sized down.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah seat will be going up a fair bit more. I find medium too cramped with the seat up as far as it will go and it hurts my knees.

v666ern
    Free Member

Congrats bwfc4eva868, get out there and ride bet its fun off road! 😀

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Very fast suprised how capable it was.

RustySpanner

Keep the pedals.
    Looks fun. 🙂

bails

Whut? Where do you get that from? You go for the more suitable size, that looks too big. Unless you are planning to move the saddle up several cm………
    I’ve always sized down

I ‘sized down’ on my CX (commuter really) and wish I hadn’t.

Nice looking bike OP

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had a 54cm Road bike and tried various saddle heights a longer stem etc. And still felt cramped and felt like I was going to smash my knees.
    This is a 56cm and with saddle in the above position I have 2.5 inch clearance between my nads and the top tube. With seat slighter higher I’m on 1.5 inch.

Always gone up a size personally when I’m between sizes. But that’s just me.

I quite like the in your face pedals they were off the missus’s old mountain bike but she wants some new ones so donated these for now.

Wookster

I like that!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New Bike’ is closed to new replies.