Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • new bike
  • bmxbandit
    Free Member

well i’ve had my stereo pro for a while now and loved it loads but i’ve fancied a d/h bike which i’ve just bought …the problem is the missus wants me to sell the pro ,which i agreed to (at first).
    but now i thinking i probably need both bikes for different types of riding etc
    what are your thoughts guys and how do i convince the misses that its a bad idea to sell the pro 😕

rOcKeTdOg

Sell the Mrs, keep the bikes

m0rk
    Free Member

Do some man maths that demonstrates wear & tear & some n+1 logic

It doesn’t need to add up, but just use lots of numbers to justify

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Grow a pair.

Jeez..there’s so many pussy whipped blokes on this forum. 😛

bmxbandit
    Free Member

cbmotorsport – Member
    Grow a pair.

Jeez..there’s so many pussy whipped blokes on this forum.

not a pussy dude ….just keepin sweet 😆

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

If your Mrs complains about something you own that keeps you fit, has a very positive impact on your well being and keeps you out of the pub…you need to have a word! 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Explain that they are two bikes for very different purposes and that the market in secondhand bikes is rather poor at the moment, resulting in a large financial loss on the Pro.

Oh, and grow a pair :mrgreen:

bmxbandit
    Free Member

All good advice dudes ..but she ain’t daft but I like the sound of the second hand market not being so good !she may go for that

gears_suck
    Free Member

FFS. Can’t you just tell her. “Babe, I really don’t want to sell my old bike. I’ve had it for years and I **** love it. It would serve my purposes much better to keep both”.
    If she’s not prepared to understand that. Get rid of her. It was never meant to be,

faz083
    Free Member

buy her a haircut

bmxbandit
    Free Member

Ha. She’s a hairdresser

kayak23

I always use the golf club analogy should I feel I need to justify my collection. You could hit a ball with any club, but trying to tee off with a putter would be $×××….
    8)

bmxbandit
    Free Member

Nice analogy I like that

peterfile
    Free Member

Buy her a puppy.

She’ll be so excited that she won’t notice you wheeling another bike into the garage.

Then you can go riding when she has to take it out for walks and you can wear your muddy gear through the house because it’s still nowhere near as messy as “her bloody dog” 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

You made the big mistake of even consulting her in the first place, & the 2nd mistake you made was not buying it in the same colour, colour being the only distinction between 1 bike & another to lady eyes.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

All my bikes are white. Don’t think you have justify not wanting to sell your stuff. He who dies with the most toys wins. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

from the selected marital advice in here:
    start calling her the Current Mrs …. just to keep her on her toes
    Ask her to pedal both up the street and see why you need 2 bikes

honourablegeorge

Buy a hardtail

It’s the last thing she’ll expect

bmxbandit
    Free Member

I’m laughing my huge Bol…..s off here whilst reading replies ,tinsey your right there dude a truer fact never spoken by man

bails

Does she only have one pair of shoes? One handbag? One ‘ensemble’?

Also, whose money paid for the bikes? If she’s having to pay the mortgage on her own because you’ve emptied the joint account to buy bikes then she might have a point, but if it’s your money then why can’t you buy it?

chakaping
    Free Member

Point out that lots of “the other men on the internet” have many more than two bikes, and she’s getting off lightly.

Or get her to take the DH bike out of an XC ride so she can see for herself.

daftvader
    Free Member

peterfile…. buy her a puppy….

mrs vader has just read this and has given me a “look”… i think i’ll just go and make her a cuppa, quiet like. 😯

grim168
    Free Member

Advertise the stereo for a stupid price. It’s not your fault it ain’t selling 😉

bmxbandit
    Free Member

Still laughing

dingabell
    Free Member

It would still only be 2 bikes, and I bet everyone on this thread has at least that? Get people to let you know just how many bikes they have, then 2 will seem pretty reasonable. Almost frugal.Or…show your missus a picture of you dressed up in the most ridiculous Lycra then tell her it’s the DH bike or a road bike.

bmxbandit
    Free Member

ye guys your all right ….i’m keeping both bikes don’t matter what she says 😉 i’ve got the answer for almost every argument she throws at me 😛 😀

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

bmxbandit – Member
    ye guys your all right ….i’m keeping both bikes don’t matter what she says i’ve got the answer for almost every argument she throws at me

That’s the spirit! 😀

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I have four “usable” bicycles and one unicycle. There are three other frames with “potential”.

bmxbandit
    Free Member

i’ve told the misses ……i expected loads a s..t but was ok 😀 😀

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘new bike’ is closed to new replies.