Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New Bike
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Just finished building a new Hardtail, not ridden yet been faffing with the brakes this morning cutting hoses and bleeding, they still seem to be too long, may take it for a trundle this afternoon,

SLx double and bash, DX flats, Slx shifters and front and rear mech also Slx, chain xtr cassette 11-34 XT hoping it will take the winter grind,

Hope BB and Headset, Sunline V1 bar and stem and saddle, and the obligatory Thomson post, tyres 2.25 Advantage out back and a 2.35 minion up front, brakes Slx with Hope floating rotors. Oh and the fork Talas 150 taper set at 110mm frame is built for 100mm so the 150 won’t be used. The frame is a 44mm head set so I used the Hope pick and mix head set works a treat with the taper fork.

Oh and wheels are Hope Hoops Stans Flows will try and get them tubless hedge cutting time soon.

Frame is a Kona Blast sorry 2011

Just need to get it good and dirty 😀

Pics now uploaded

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

What frame is it?

Sounds like a nice build.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Is this a guess the frame thread? 100mm of travel and a 44mm head tube… hmmm…

Jeffus
    Free Member

Have edited the info sorry guys to excited its a Kona Blast 2011 model bought of a bike shop from a stripped new bike so frame is new 😀
    post mount rear brake which is new to me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like a bike built for some fun 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Jeffus
    Free Member

Well had a quick blast round Llandegla rides well , had to adjust a few things on the way round, still needs a tweak of the front disk tick tick tick gets annoying 😀 climbs well and goes down the hills quite nicely, kept running out of gears so may change to a 36 up front and go 1 x 9 I’m sure I have an old e-13 chain device knocking round will just need a BB bracket 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New Bike’ is closed to new replies.