Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • New bike 2011 Nicolai Helius CC pictures
  • shredder
    Free Member

Picked this up on Friday having sold my Mojo SL and swapped the bulk of the build across.
    2011 Helius CC maxle rear Fire dept red / Ano rear

Very nearly purchased the Mojo HD but no regrets. Big thanks to Neil @ Moonglu for good service and a good deal.

The custom anodized Hope’s look as good as I had hoped.

Full build over on MTBR Nicolai forum for anybody interested.

matt23
    Free Member

Very nice – enjoy!

shredder
    Free Member

Yea just need some time to ride now !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt23
    Free Member

Same here with my new ride! Never enough time!

oddjob
    Free Member

Looks fast 8)

Enjoy it

deluded
    Free Member

You bugger, that looks lovely. Is that an Easton EC90 seatpost?

I’m currently at home with a cast on my leg for a fully ruptured Achilles but that’s brightened up my day … and reminded me that I can’t go out for a ride at the same time 😥

I rode a mates CC not long back and intend to sort a build out later in the year.

Great bike.

dazzlingboy

Tis a thing of great beauty! Had my CC round Kirroughtree yesterday – just love that bike – enjoy it!

shredder
    Free Member

Yes it’s a EC90 post came across from the Mojo. Things noticed allready it’s a very quiet bike somehow even compared to carbon frames ive had before. And it rides lighter than it is very pleased with it.

neninja
    Free Member

Cool build.

It’s turning into a CC forum the number of them on here recently. For good reason though – awesome bikes.

Mugboo

Buck Woods..?

shredder
    Free Member

Yep Buck Woods

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m not usually a fan of how Nicolais look, but there’s something very right about yours.

I think you’ve got the red/black balance and detailing spot-on. Looks nice and understated.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looking good, saw it on the Nicolai forum last night.

I reckon we should have a Nicolai Riders meeting one day this summer

geetee1972
    Free Member

Shredder that is very well put together. Congrats.

It’s turning into a CC forum the number of them on here recently. For good reason though – awesome bikes.

Neenja has a point. We have Candodavid and Ahsat as new memebers also, both with CCs.

Out of interest, Shredder, what swayed you towards the CC as opposed to the AC?

geetee1972
    Free Member

I reckon we should have a Nicolai Riders meeting one day this summer

Something we’ve been trying to organise now on the MTBR forum for quite a while but we’ve never managed to agree on a location.

Simon why don’t you step in here and make it happen?

shredder
    Free Member

Yes a Nicolai forum ride would be good , reasoning behind the CC over an AC. Very nearly went for an AC as I thought that was what I wanted as I was about to buy a Mojo HD . Then thought about the riding I do and liked the adjustability of the travel so perfect in short travel for local rides, and then open it up for bigger days away Lakes etc. Then saw a thread on MTBR discussing the change in geometry between the CC and the AC the CC seemed the more flexible frame. And I have no fears over its strength as you’ll know built like a tank and more than capable of riding anything in the UK.
    Infact I think they are a pretty good UK bike full stop full length outers shock out of the way of crap etc.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Shredder, very nice bike indeed.

What you running those rev’s at? Look quite long for the CC. Just wondering if there are any restrictions on the CC?

shredder
    Free Member

Will mainly use the bike at 116 & 129 mm at the rear and run the Revs at 120 up to the warranted 140 mm so will have some un-used travel .

DaveFell
    Free Member

looks like a ‘Neil bike’ and with the new Moonglu Hope brakes….I just missed them by a few weeks!
    Nice

chunkypaul
    Free Member

out of interest, does the rear tyre clearance still suck like the old ones did? i.e. can’t put anything bigger than a 2.1 on the rear

shredder
    Free Member

Dave I got the brakes anodized my self just supplied Neil with all the parts . Tyre clearance wise I believe they have improved the clearance they are 2.25 _Nics on flow rims so they sit nice and wide no where near to being close, could go bigger easily

steve_b77
    Free Member

CP – the tyre clearance is much better, seat stays are also alot chunkier about 5mm bigger across the flat than the previous incarnation.

I reckon we get round to organising one ourselves, and as there seems to be a good spread around the country of owners – how about a central’ish or Welsh location?

They are certainly bomb proof designs, the CC can handle 4 foot drops with ease – even on XC jheyboy Stans 355’s 😀 😆

Shredder – the bike rides pretty nicely at 140mm too, although my Marzocchi 44’s are a lot shorter A2C than the Revs – around 20mm I think at 507mm A2C – shorter than my older 130mm Rev Dual air 426’s 😯

Ambrose

I’m near to Swansea/ Carmarthen area. How about a Beacons based natural (i.e. not trail centre) ride?

Nicolai’s only? or are other brands allowed? I don’t want to be classed as a bigot/ elitist/ discriminatory etc 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

It should be a Nicolai meet definitely 8) I’m perfectly happy to be classed as an elitist, discriminatory bigot 😆

It would be along the lines of the ‘Yeti Tribe Meet’.

neninja
    Free Member

I’d be up for a elitist, discriminatory Nicolai meet.

Doubt I’d go if it was in S Wales given I’m in the North East of England.

the_lecht_rocks

glentress – perfect place for all that travel, LOL 🙂

especially Helius AM’s……

troll complete…. 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

Definitely an elitist meet, none of this American stuff is allowed 😆

As I said before some where central, or maybe North Wales – South Wales is too far away for most I reckon.

How’s about Gisburn or something like that, pretty central for England really – it’d be good to go somewhere with a cafe etc for pre/post ride elitist Germanic babblings 8)

shredder
    Free Member

Sounds good im in West Yorkshire and by the sounds of it some where central might work for all ?

neninja
    Free Member

Gisburn sounds good.

rOcKeTdOg

lovely looking bike, but isn’t it a bit tank like ofter a mojo sl?

shredder
    Free Member

No doesn’t feel or ride tank like at all . And I found myself steadily giving the Mojo a burlier build as time went on, hence looking at the Mojo HD

rOcKeTdOg

Fair enough, horses for courses etc

dazzlingboy

Would also be on for a Nicolai meet – keep the details posted as/when/if it comes together.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I shall havea a think next week

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘New bike 2011 Nicolai Helius CC pictures’ is closed to new replies.