Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New Bfe build
  • snotrag

Nothing groundbreaking, just new bike time :mrgreen:

Beefy 1 by simonholehan, on Flickr

Beefy 2 by simonholehan, on Flickr

Bought from 18bikes – Who I’m going to give a wave for using their noggins – I emailed them to enquire about a frame after I saw their sale last weekend, the plan was to go in, take a look at their demo bike, make my mind up, and order it then, fully expecting it to take a week or two till it was in my hands.

Drove down Friday – and they’d ordered me one in and been to pick it up the day before ‘just in case’ in wanted to take one away thay day. My size, my colour, and made sure they had a suitable headset. Add in a great price, and free cake while they tapped the BB out = happy punter, well done lads.

(Course, you could say that they simply saw me coming and had me hook line and sinker once they waved it under my nose!)

As for the bike, finished it about half hour ago, still waiting on a seatpost shim unfortunately as the post (and everything else) has come out my just sold Specialized Pitch. Gone for a shim rather than a new Thomson as I’ve a sneaking suspicion that next month I’ll be after a Reverb, what with it having hose guides and a big ol’ seat-tube for that exact reason. And maybe get on trend and go for a shorter Stem and some uber-bars, pending how it feels after a few rides. I like it though, not too weighty on the arm scale, seems to fit nice, looking forward to riding it.

AND the suns out at the weekend – perfick!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[RETROANORAK]

Loving the pedals!

[/RETROANORAK]

Needs some bar end caps, ODI do an enclosed lock on cover as the outer lock. Well worth it, IMO.

Brickwork looks good, but the lawn could do with a trim, I’d say.

snotrag

Yup, DX’s were a cracking find, still run smooth too. Bar bungs still on the bench in the garage!

matthew_h
    Free Member

Nice one, looks like a good build.

Glad that we “saw you coming” and sorted it for you. It was all just a sneaky plan to get you to eat more of the flapjack so we didn’t have to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Bfe build’ is closed to new replies.