Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • new Belt
  • db

Silly question but the brown leather belt I have worn almost daily for the last 20+ years is almost dead. I will mourn its passing like a faithful friend but need to find a replacement that will last for equally as long.

Any recommendations appreciated. Must be brown, leather, simple buckle, hold trousers up. Internet seems awash with options so where do I go for the niche product that should grace my waist?

lerk
    Free Member

I’ve got a handcrafted one from a guy at a game fair, it wouldn’t look out of place on a shirehorse so should last – wasn’t cheap at ~£35 IIRC but assuming it lasts properly, the cost of ownership should be quite low.

I think I have his card at home…

CountZero

You could always buy a strip of leather, about 3-4mm thick, and re-make your existing belt using the old buckle. You just need some rivets and a hole punch, and a sharp knife to trim to length.
    I had a belt with really nice brass-work that was a bit too short so after quite a few years I bought some leather and dye, and remade it stitching the brass-wear in place; it’s over-long by normal standards, but the long end I tuck under and over, with the end pushed through and hanging down, sort of like a middle-ages sword-belt. I’ve got another buckle belonging to a belt of my dad’s, which literally tore in two, so I’m going to get some more leather and remake that one as well, with some nice stitching.
    You don’t need to go that far, but there’s satisfaction to be had in making it yourself and wearing it.

jam-bo

It’s not brown or leather but my arcteryx conveyor belt is the best belt I’ve ever had and probably the only I’ll ever need.

riddoch

It’s surprising difficult to find a reasonably priced broad belt, my 20 year old belt also without a buckle. Ended up with a £20 M&S one as an interim solution, so £35 from a game fair doesn’t sound so bad.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Join the prison service. You get one for free. I’ve seen some that have seen 25 years use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘new Belt’ is closed to new replies.