Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • New BB – should bearings feel perfectly smooth?
  • chum3
    Free Member

I got a new FSA PF30 BB in the post this morning to replace the last one which lasted a STW 5 mins (ie 3 summer months).

I noticed when I installed the last BB that the bearings on one side didn’t feel perfectly smooth, but I needed to get the bike built then, so didn’t really have a choice.

The new BB (exactly the same model) has the same not perfectly smooth feel on one side again. The BB is symmetrical, so same bearings both sides.

Is this normal, or should I send it back? I know PF30 doesn’t have a great rep, but this…

ironnigel
    Free Member

Bearings should always be smooth.

Good luck with your PF30. Nothing but probs on mine.

chum3
    Free Member

Thanks – I feel a bit stupid asking the question as it seems so obvious, but I just wanted to double check, this being the second time…

chum3
    Free Member

WOAH! – just noticed, that this ‘new’ BB has already been fitted!!!

SO tempted to name and shame the store, but will give them a chance to rectify…

shermer75
    Free Member

I had this same problem with a hub. The store sent me out a new one, no problems. I think that the store may have been duped by someone buying a new hub and then sending their old one back as a phoney return so that they can get their money back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New BB – should bearings feel perfectly smooth?’ is closed to new replies.