Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bb bearings and jockey wheels
  • turtleheading
    Free Member

Just gave my bike a good stripdown and found that the bottom bracket bearings need replacing.

Anyone know any good bearings to replace them with? Dimensions are 25x37x7mm. What are the cheaper ones like? and is it worth spending that extra tenna to get decent ones?

Also, why are jockey wheels so goddam expensive! and does anyone know if cheap ones are worth getting or if they will just break when in the middle of nowhere?

Clobber
    Free Member

I rate the BBB jockey wheels, good price on dotbike.

thepurist

I’m trying some el cheapo 68052RS bearings in my BB at the moment – popped them open & packed some grease in before fitting. I figured that they don’t need to be specced to 10,000 rpm or whatever, and the achilles heel is probably going to be the sealing. The story so far is that I fitted them in November but what with Xmas & illness I’ve not been out much for the last month but on my first ride back yesterday they were still smooth – if they last to Easter I’ll be happy.

(BBB jockey wheels for me too)

bigyinn
    Free Member

The bearing number is 6805 2RS or 61805 2RS depending on supplier (they are the same though).
    You can have a look at THIS PAGE to see whats available. Im using the £1.60 ones, which are prob best used in summer, the seals aren’t great for winter use. Might go for the FAG ones next time.

wwaswas

BBB jockeys from dotbike + 1

turtleheading
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Looking them up now. Gonna pop into the local bike shop after work, and ill see what they have in stock, although its certainly going to be more expensive.

Jockey wheels are looking good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New bb bearings and jockey wheels’ is closed to new replies.