Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New bars. Spank v knuckleball
  • tailsmtb
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m after some user experience.

I’m looking at new bars and the leading contenders are the spank vibrocore (800mm) and the on one knuckleball (777mm, hard).

Both are the right length, right colour and cheaper than fatbar etc.can anyone comment on the vibration dampening qualities, durability and where’s the cheapest spank?

Cheers

welshfarmer

Can’t help on your choices but can really recommend the Funn Fullon Riser at £21 from CRC. Nicest bar I have on any of my bikes (including one with Renthals). Just feels “right”. All my mates felt the same when they tried it. 15mm rise 785 width is what I have

M6TTF
    Free Member

Very happy with my RSP ego carbon one. Bargain

tailsmtb
    Free Member

2 choices I had not seen! I’ll check them out.

No one with time on the originals?

mcnultycop

I have a knuckleball, not a chewy one but its fine. I’m 115kg with no issues. I think the vibration damping thing is psychological.

colournoise

Got some ‘hard’ Knuckleballs on at the moment. One thing they do NOT do is damp any vibration! Stiff as a very stiff thing on the stiffest day on the year. Good shape and feel though.

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Cheers mc and colour. My RF atlas seem stiff as well so I’ll dodge them.

M6Ttf, any word on the vibration thing, placebo or not? And do they take a crash?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Possibly placebo? I don’t know. They are comfortable though, and light. I’ve crashed em twice, and scratched the top. They’re fine. 🙂 and they’re £47 on Amazon, which is a big win

poah
    Free Member

vibrocore works – I’m well impressed by it. got the 800mm version

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Gah youve got a pike as well. That’s both my upgrades for the mega tr

martinhutch

Got some ‘hard’ Knuckleballs on at the moment. One thing they do NOT do is damp any vibration!

This. My wrists are still aching a bit from a day in the Lakes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New bars. Spank v knuckleball’ is closed to new replies.