Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New baggy shorts..
  • russyh
    Free Member

So I have put this off for far too long, having worn holes in nearly all my kit. Typically leaving it to the last minute I don’t have a chance to get to a bike shop with a descent selection prior to my lads road trip to Glentress Friday. So I am online shopping a little blind. Massive fan of the Raceface Ambush shorts, but had forgotten how expensive they are. Any recommendations, tips or deals on baggy shorts gratefully received.

danti

Madison Zenith if you prefer thinner or Madison Addict for thicker. Both great shorts.

mactheknife

POC Trail shorts on Cycle store for £54 quid

russyh
    Free Member

I like the Zeniths, but doesn’t look like immediately available. Evans have ‘remote warehouse stock’ 5-7 days.

joebristol

I got some endura humvees recently – seem to be decent outershorts with a click in liner. You can buy them with or without the liner depending on what you want. Used them a couple of times so far and they’re much better than anything else I’ve had. Wiggle and Evans have both had them discounted recently – not sure if they still are.

submarined
    Free Member

Love my Troy Lee Skyline Race. Lightweight, lovely fit, well though out.
    Minal pockets and thin though, but have had a few tumbles in them and no rips or scars.
    Can be had for 45/50 quid with liner in a lot of the current sales.

Fit and comfort wise they walk all over my Hummvees.

ajantom

Yep, Endura Humvees at Wiggle hor £25 inc liner shorts. Very comfy and longlasting. Go up a size though. I’m a 35/36″ waist and the XL fit perfectly.

Endura Humvees

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madison zenith at my lbs for 35 quid in all sizes.

sprockets

rocketman
    Free Member

TLD Sprints here have got many pairs. Like your favourite undercrackers in baggy form

Usually extortionate pricey but can be found for £30-40 from Evans/Leisure Lakes and sometimes CRC

mark90
    Free Member

I recently got some Zeniths from Cycle store, but they seem to have gone up a bit now.

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/madison_zenith_mens_mtb_shorts_2016-ID_66941

Also got some of the Humvees in the recent PSA. Have a medium pair £20 plus postage before I return then, but you might as well get them from Wiggle at that price.

The Zeniths are a little longer in the leg.

Edit: Actually it was Leisure Lakes…..

https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/9009/products/madison-zenith-baggy-short-black.aspx

russyh
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps, I have ordered a couple of clearance pairs from CRC. Troy lee skylines and Royal Impacts. That should do for my road trip. I will buy some Zeniths next time I see a pair in a bike shop. I love all my other madison stuff, so cant believe they will be anything other than great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New baggy shorts..’ is closed to new replies.