Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New backpack time! Recommendations please
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Evening all

I want a new pack to replace my ageing pack. Looking for some with around 15l of space, preferably with a few smaller pockets, capacity for a 2l bladder and ideally either waterproof or with an integrated rain cover. What do people recommend? I’m liking the look of some of the Evoc and Platypus range but that might just be the pretty colours. XC style riding, limited gnarr btw.

Cheers

m360
    Free Member

Osprey Syncro 15 is a good pack. I picked one up for commuting recently, and also used it for the trail centre. The airflow system works brilliantly and the whole pack is very light. Seems plenty stable enough as well.

I would have gone for the Raptor, but for the commute the airflow sold the Syncro to me. Thought Id get a second pack for XC/trail use but tried this and won’t be bothering.

Good price as well (I think)

rocco

I’ve been using the Deuter Race Exp for the past 2 years and find it big enough for day rides and also commuting. Got a couple of small pockets and an integrated rain cover.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Deuter-Race-EXP-Air-Bag_60686.htm?sku=175721&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=CKeGxae6wscCFYYfwwod9ewJxg

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Osprey.
    Osprey.
    Osprey.

Good packs, good people.

andy4d

I got a good deal on a berghaus remote 8+4 on amazon last year, very good quality, lots of pockets, space for bladder, comfy etc. Only 18.99 just now

iainc

I have 2 Evocs, a FR Trail Blackline and an FR Lite Team. The latter would fit your needs although not waterproof. The Trail Blackline has a cover but is huge and I tend to go for the smaller one for most rides. They take Camelbak bladders, I have both 3l and 2l ones, either fit both bags.

flossie
    Free Member

Osprey all the way for me!

I genuinely think they’ve moved pack design on without the awful specific pockets for specific things, which always seem to be the wrong size anyway.

yossarian
    Free Member

Osprey raptor 14 it is then!

smitghga34
    Free Member

I have a Camelbak Octane 18x and really rate it highly. It’s nice and light , takes a big bladder and expands if you need a bit of extra space.

onewheelgood

I won an Osprey Raptor 14 in the Mountain Mayhem Christmas competition last year and it’s very good. Always had Camebacks before, but the Osprey bladder design is much better, and doesn’t leak like the recent Camelbacks with the removable tube.

stumpy01

+1 Osprey packs.

I’ve got a Syncro 10 which is great. As above, the airflow back is really good, pockets useful, well laid out and nicely thought through features.

I also considered a Dakine Drafter (I think that is what it is called) and an Ergon something or other…

vondally
    Free Member

osprey very very good

Ergon, heavier but are excellent if not as well organised.

Wingnut, light fit well and are comfortable if not over filled,

alpkit gourdon 20 ltr cheap waterproof light

cakefacesmallblock

In every respect, the Osprey raptor 14 I’ve had for three months , is leagues ahead of my ageing Camelbak MULE.
    The MULE never let me down in any way, no leaks, no breakages, it’s just that putting the bladder in and out of the Osprey, is easier, pockets seem easier to access, the tool roll keeps slightly oily tools and stuff away from pockets you might want to stash snacks in. The pockets on the waist belt are handy too.

beano68
    Free Member

Raptor 14 here ! its a fantastic design and slim …. the dogs bollox 😉

onehundredthidiot

Raptor here too. Great customer service. Not waterproof so dry bags for stuff you want to keep dry.

shredder
    Free Member

Another Raptor 14 here brilliant pack. And a Osprey Manta for bigger days out simply better by design.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New backpack time! Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.