Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New backpack time
  • saxabar
    Free Member

A leaky bladder and a ten-year old bag means it’s new backpack time. I could buy a new bladder, but looking at standalone prices, I might as well go the whole hog.

So, what you got and what’s rot? I have a big pack for all-day epics, so I’m looking for small and cool for 2/3hr runs out.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve one of the original Camelbak Lobos: 2 litre bladder and about 3 litre capacity in the rest of the bag. More than enough room for toolkit, etc. Don’t know what the current version is like as mine’s still going strong after ten years.

superstu
    Free Member

I have a small camelback but to be honest it’s too small. Enough room for water but a multitool and maybe a tyre lever and that’s it. As such I take my Mule out all the time, just load it up depending on how long I’m planning on being out.

saxabar
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s what I have now (a Lobos). Bladders are pricey though! Just wondering what else is being rated.

jam-bo

evoc. silverfish have a 50% off sale at the moment which brings them back down to reasonable prices.

edit: but all the cool kids are going packless for 2-3hr rides…

saxabar
    Free Member

Ah, thanks for that. Looks good. New backpack on way. Days for pretence to the cool kid group long gone!

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Rescuing a ‘cool kid’ that is ill prepared does mean you can take the high ground and offer lots of good backpack advice during your trail side rescue.

Camelbak kudu here, like having a back protector after hearing about some crashes recently (own pump digging into delicate spine parts etc.).

benp1

I used to use a Camelbak Mule. I tried a Evoc FR Enduro and while it’s heavier it’s also much comfier so I prefer wearing it. Definitely not cheap but managed to get it for a good price.

Strangely, I’ve used it as a daypack quite a few times off the bike, even walked up the odd fell with it.

Sold my Mule a short while ago. They were going cheap a little way back though

mehr
    Free Member

The new KUDU range would be getting my cash if I was in the market for a new pack

One day my OG Apex will die and I can justify getting one

Kamakazie

Don’t Decathlon do cheap bladders?

As for a small pack, the USWE ones have a great strap system. A few of our group really rate them.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Osprey, best use of space and quality IME.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New backpack time’ is closed to new replies.