Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • New arrival…….something truly unique!
  • solarider
    Free Member

He knows nothing about new thru axle standards. He has no opinion about disc brakes on road bikes or the future of electronic shifting. Wheel size leaves him cold. He doesn’t drive an Audi or even own a wood burning stove (yet!). In many respects he is utterly useless!

But George arrived 3 days ago on my birthday, and he has transformed our world. Sleep is now a distant memory, but there isn’t a thing he does that I don’t love already and he is just perfect to me and Mrs Solarider. We waited a while, but he was worth the wait.

My new Cielo arrives next week and I think it might be the longest build in history!

dropoff

Fabulous, congratulations 🙂 Puts all the bike rubbish in perspective. 😀

cliffyc
    Free Member

Fantastic,all the best with both your new arrivals! 🙂

1-shed
    Free Member

Fantastic, can’t wait to see photos of his first ti trike.

matt_outandabout

Gorgeous lad…Congratumulations.

rickmeister

Congratulations, great picture… I bet he makes his nappies come alive though …..

Gotama
    Free Member

Meh, I prefer the bike threads…. only joking, congratulations. You’d better start working out which bit of bling is going to carry a child seat and tow a Croozer!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is he enduro specific?

😉

jamj1974

He is gorgeous. Lovely picture too!

fathomer

Awesome, congratulations 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Good work, great way to start the day, good luck to young George.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Sun is out, George too! A spring baby makes even us grumpy old weirdies smile. Best wishes for some very special joint birthdays!

(Mrs MRider and mother share birthdays. I am obviously hated by, and being punished by – The Universe. If I shared a birthday with dad I’d love it! Fishin, drinkin and stuff)

Congratulations solariders 🙂

TiRed

What muslin squares for…

Congratulations.

MussEd
    Free Member

Congrats, in my experience you’ll still get fettling time and even ride time, when you are in a 1:1 adult/baby ratio. If/when a second arrival makes themselves known you’re pretty much screwed for a few years…

Enjoy him!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Congratulations 🙂

Sleep is now a distant memory, but there isn’t a thing he does that I don’t love already

Come back and say that after 9 months of the relentless grind of baby routine 😉

medoramas
    Free Member

Nice one!!! Congratulations 😀

Now you will realize how quickly the time flies…

jekkyl

splendid effort, you created life, you are a GOD!!
    It just gets better and better. You like riding at night?
    Congrats.

conkerman
    Free Member

He Shoots, he Scores!

Congratulations.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Bon Anniversaire

Speshpaul

Nice work

muggomagic

Congratulations. really heartwarming to read of the unconditional and immense love you have for the little fella. It takes me back to when my 1st child was born, and speaking as a father of 3. I urge you to make the most of it. It wears off real quick. 😆

footstomper
    Free Member

Great Pictures, congrats on your new Boy 😀

Beleive me when I say time absolutely flies once children are born make sure you capture as many moments as possible along the way. He will be leaving you behind on the Trails before you know it 😀

Bedds
    Free Member

Best thing in the world, expect to now become emotional and ridiculous things and to feel more pride than you ever thought positive.

Yes its tough, but the first time you get a smile…

rOcKeTdOg

Stem could be lower

bros
    Free Member

Congratulations!

solarider
    Free Member

Thanks all.

I never really ‘got it’ before, but suddenly everything clicks. We do intend to savour these precious moments. As many have said, it will not be so long before they are gone.

Now, his first bike….what are your views on 26 vs 27.5 vs 29 inch wheels? SRAM or Shimano? Fox or Rockshox? 1 x 11, 2 x 10 or singlespeed? Flats or clipless? What are the best all round tyres for mixed terrain, dry and wet, dusty and muddy conditions? Really need to get down to the important decisions in his life soon and I can’t seem to find any forum topics covering any of these!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘New arrival…….something truly unique!’ is closed to new replies.