Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New apple update has lost some of my photos.
  • zippykona

They were pictures loaded on via a chip so they are not waiting to be synced from somewhere.
    I had to plug ipad into my computer ,surely millions of ipad users aren’t being left in the lurch if they can’t get to a laptop?
    Edit I’ve just been informed that Mrs Zip is back to level one in Candy Crush and it’s all my fault.
    HELP.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mate has had his iPad killed by installing the new update….. I rarely update now.

nealglover
    Free Member

Mate has had his iPad killed by installing the new update…..

He needs to connect to a computer in Recovery Mode and set up from there.

It’s not dead.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No issues..

Yet 😆

zippykona

What is recovery mode?
    Dimwit alert.

GrahamS

7.1.1? No issues here on two iPhones and iPad. It was a pretty minor update.

zippykona

My wife’s phone was ok. Not going anywhere near the shop iPad.

GrahamS

Not going anywhere near the shop iPad.

Hmmm.. tricky that.. they’ve fixed a number of security exploits in that release.

So now that those exploits are publicly documented is it really wise to leave yourself unpatched because the patch might cause an issue?

If you’re worried just to the update via iTunes with a full password-protected backup (to iTunes not Cloud) first.

danielgroves
    Free Member

You really need to be backing up before you update. It’s a standard practice that will protect you from these things. I’m going to stick instruction below, for those who don’t know how, as this really is very important with any devise or computer.

I understand that in your case you couldn’t get to a computer, but it’s still surprising how many people have what they need to backup, but don’t because they don’t know how.

Just plug your iPad/Phone/Pod into your computer with iTunes running and it should automatically do the backups. Backups look like this, in the top bar where the music playing is also displayed.

If it doesn’t automatically run, you can force it by selecting your phone in iTunes and hitting the button.

Or, you can force it to automatically backup over WiFi (when your computer is on, and iTunes is running):

This is the same for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch’s. Normal iPods don’t support WiFi sync, but the rest holds true for them.

Should anything go wrong, you can hit the restore button to get your devise back how it was before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New apple update has lost some of my photos.’ is closed to new replies.