Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • New all mountain, do everything steed finished!
  • kudos100
    Free Member

Finally got this completed a few days ago. It’s a really fun bike to ride. It jumps, corners and goes downhill brilliantly. Not too bad at climbing either. 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

It’s hard not to like an burly orange hardtail…………….but those pots, grass between the slabs, poorly angled mat and a salmon carpet 😉

kudos100
    Free Member

Only been on the forum a few weeks and it seems the garden/shed/house critique seems to a stable forum feature. Didn’t realise it was singletrackworld/elle decoration with alan titchmarch 😛

angryratio
    Free Member

The less perfect the garden the more you ride?

jimjam
    Free Member

Where did you get it from?

theboatman
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on that table come TV stand 😀 enjoy the bike!!!!!

kudos100
    Free Member

Not sure, the carpet has been there for years.

IanW
    Free Member

Could be the angle of the photo or the glass of sherry I had an hour ago but that bike looks like it was designed for an old person perhaps with a back problem.

Is it one of those spech/trek trekking bikes they sell to florida pensioners?

kudos100
    Free Member

Yes Sinster are well known for their tourers, the panniers are to be added later.

Bregante

Where did you get it from?

looks like carpetworld’s “peutrid pink”

mildred

Something about that seat angle that makes me think of lube.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks fun – orange stuff rocks!

RealMan
    Free Member

I can’t work out why the front looks so tall either, maybe its because you’ve got the saddle too low, and at the wrong angle?

Or is it just the camera angle? More pictures are needed.

Looks good though, frame looks nice. What size is it?

kudos100
    Free Member

I can’t work out why the front looks so tall either, maybe its because you’ve got the saddle too low, and at the wrong angle?

Or is it just the camera angle? More pictures are needed.

Looks good though, frame looks nice. What size is it?

Just a quick camera phone pic, the seatpost and saddle angle have since been changed. Turns out the Giant seatpost is possibly the worlds worst design and has been swapped for a Richey. The front looks high as the saddle is low in the pic.

The frame is a large and with a 400mm seatpost is a pretty good fit for me a 6’3.

Frame is as stiff as a very stiff thing, it will take some getting used to after riding a fairly comfy steel hardtail 🙂

tazzymtb

Looks ace! fork is a bit short on travel for a ridge, you can get a 160mm in there no problems.

I loved my sinister, Frank does build some lovely frames.

kudos100
    Free Member

Looks ace! fork is a bit short on travel for a ridge, you can get a 160mm in there no problems.

I loved my sinister, Frank does build some lovely frames.

Ideally I wanted a lyrik, but couldn’t find a cheap one with a long enough steerer. Seems to handle pretty good with the pikes, although if the right fork comes up I will be tempted to swap…..

The frame is awesome, best I have ever ridden. Which version did you have?

tazzymtb

I had a splinter ER and have played on the MX as well which was like riding a trail steamroller, nothing stopped it 😀

the GRUITR was a lovely frame as well although I’ve never seen one in the UK

Frank has some new design freeride/metalist hardtails on the way so it looks like I’ll have another one soonish

kudos100
    Free Member

It’s seem that sinster frames have a reputation of being able to plow over just about anything and so far the ridge is living up to that 🙂

Doesn’t seem to be many of them in the uk, which is a shame as they are so well built and designed brilliantly.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

never tried a sinister frame, but the name sounds great.

Is that a VHS recorder on the floor underneath the 20th Century TV?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

you could lower the front by a lower rise bar and zero stem…

that’d help the climbing. That front is high.

tazzymtb

the splinter MX, you can still find them now and then, fully adjustable head angle,seat angle, BB height via the adjustable rod on the pull shock. It’s the boingy version of the ridge!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘New all mountain, do everything steed finished!’ is closed to new replies.