Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New 700c wheels for disc and Campag freehub
  • aP
    Free Member

herself is looking to build up a “versatile” drop bar bike which will use Campagnolo gears (possible EPS… ooohhhhh!!!). What she’s looking for is a wheelset that take tires up to 40mm, potential for tubeless, running standard 6 bolt discs and with Campag freehub.
    Hope Hoops appear to have an option for this, but I can’t actually find anyone selling them, JRA suggest that they’ll send them, but I guess it’ll be a special order.
    Who’s running 135mm OLN + disc + Campag? and what are you using?

nemesis
    Free Member

I am. Well, sort of. I only use Campag ergos as that’s the campag bit that I actually specifically want – the rest (eg mechs, cassettes, hubs etc) I don’t really care whether they’re Shimano, SRAM or Campag.

As such, I’ve done both Shimergo (10 speed Campag shifters w/ 9 speed Shimano mechs/cassette/chain) and now a mix of 10s Campag shifters and 10s SRAM mechs, cassette, etc which works spot on. It also allows me to fit a clutch mech which is great for when it’s used as a CX bike.

Both of these get around the wheel problem by allowing the use of Shimano/SRAM type cassette fittings.

IME you won’t really find campag disc hubs or at least not easily, other than the Hope ones you’ve mentioned which any Hope dealer will be able to order in for you.

EPS will obviously limit the options further (and from what I’ve heard, I’d wait for the next version as it still seems a little, er… quirky 😉 )

aP
    Free Member

Thanks, we’re assuming that Chorus EPS should have incorporated all the things that they’ve learnt from the R/ SR and Athena EPS versions and the new v2 seat tube battery. Do you think they’re going to substantially change the system for v3?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    aP
    Free Member

CFH – thanks, we’d found those – seems to do what she wants, just can’t find anyone who actually sells them.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Surely something like a DT Swiss 240 will also do this, you just have to buy the disc version then the Campag freehub?

The Hopes will be a special order for most places but will only take a couple of days to come from them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you? My LBS (Wiltshire) has some in stock. Think they may have been Shimano, but easily changed I believe.

Rik
    Free Member

Dt 240s was the only option a few years ago when I did this

jimc101
    Free Member

How many speed are you running, if 11 just get a Shimano compatible 11 speed hub/135mm/disc hub’d wheel, and use a Shimano cassette, as the spacing for 11 speed is the same for Campag, SRAM & Shimano.

aP
    Free Member

the spacing for 11 speed is the same for Campag, SRAM & Shimano

Interesting!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I had a new set of wheels built by JustRidingAlong with Hope Pro2 evo hubs and they swapped the Shimano freehub for a Campag one free of charge.

Think it might be 10speed only mind.

Next time I’d go for DT hubs – they might be able to do the same deal on the Campy freehub swap if you ask.

aP
    Free Member

Thanks. Makes life easier!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

DT 350 is maybe what JRA would suggest. Use a Shimano cassette as they’re much cheaper than Campag.

brassneck

I’m pretty sure FatBirds still had some of the Kinesis v3 CX wheelsets with Campag freehubs – that’d be reet.

thomthumb
    Free Member

velocity atb hubs are campag/ disc. they use them in wheels sets…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New 700c wheels for disc and Campag freehub’ is closed to new replies.