Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New 29er wheels, what's good and not too spendy?
  • oldnpastit

Going out for a ride today, one of the others noticed that my wheel was a bit wobbly.

Looks like the freehub is shot, which wouldn’t be so bad, but one of the spokes is pulling out of the rim as well.

So, since I need a wheel by Friday, what’s out there which I can get quickly, is under £300, 29″, easy to run tubeless, and will cope with a someone with a superior weight-to-power ratio?

Hope Hoops? XT?

somouk
    Free Member

I would always go hope hoops for a mid budget option that should be available somewhere local. Even if you just initially replace the wheel that is looking ropey.

whitestone
    Free Member

I run Hope XC wheels, I think they are just over £300 for the pair, still running true after two years. Easy to set up tubeless, I’m 85Kg so not light (but not a Clydesdale either!)

oldnpastit

It turned out that my LBS had Hope Hoops Enduros, and that was it. I kind of needed it today, to be ready to go riding on Saturday, so that made the choice for me.

Not the lightest in the world, but not the heaviest either.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New 29er wheels, what's good and not too spendy?’ is closed to new replies.