Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New 26" rim that you can actually put tyres on and run tubes
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hey,

after losing lots of blood and knocking time off my life through the stress, I’ve given up on the stupid stans rim. I have a special tool to get tight tyres on and even that doesn’t work. End up with blood and pinch flats.

Before I kill myself or others around me I’ve decided time is up on the piece of junk. Even if I was running tubeless I would be screwed on the trails if I got a flat and needed to put it back on again.

Soooo, can I get some advice on a good rim that will fit knobby nic tyres quite easily. Needs to be an all mountain / enduro rim. Not bothered about tubeless so just something that works and I can change easily.

While I wait I’m going to lay down in a dark room and let this frustration pass 😉 Good job the other bike is a Capra and the tyres come off 😉

Cheers

Rob

poah
    Free Member

well you can run tubes on any wheel really and what tyres are you trying to put on. some tyres are not recommended for stans like WTB. got no issues with my spank rims.

stevied
    Free Member

DT EX471.

giddyrob
    Free Member

I would like to get the tyres I want, not limited cos they can’t just make em a bit smaller. Daft!

I’ll check out the DT EX471 cheers 🙂

scaredypants

I would like to get the tyres I want

surely nobody wants nobby nics, do they ? 😯

giddyrob
    Free Member

No, but I have some with a bit of tread left. What good trail tyre would fit on the stans arch rim?

pnik

I used ust trail kings on my flow’s without any trouble.

giddyrob
    Free Member

Quote from post last year on here:

“Arch Ex here and yes, they’re a total pig to get tyres on to. No advice, just empathy!”

Great….

giddyrob
    Free Member

BTW, got a flow at the front and that is much easier than the stupid arch EX

scotroutes

You’re doing it wrong.

Stevet1
    Free Member

BTW, got a flow at the front and that is much easier than the stupid arch EX

Get a flow for the rear then?

giddyrob
    Free Member

still not easy 😉

Not doing it wrong… tried every which way but loose…. My mates life hack is the blow the tube up so much it stretches the tyre… not sure about that? BANG!

giddyrob
    Free Member

If I try a non UST tyre should that make a difference?

Any good trail ones out there?

Ta

richmtb

If I try a non UST tyre should that make a difference?

Yes they have a tighter bead.

Have a look at non TR Maxxis

giddyrob
    Free Member

UST have a tighter bead? Just checking 😉

I’ll check them out ta 🙂

giddyrob
    Free Member

How about one of these:

https://www.evanscycles.com/maxxis-high-roller-ii-26-dual-compound-folding-tubeless-ready-mountain-bike-EV193091

Doesn’t mention ust and I can pick up tomorrow 🙂

Thanks 🙂

mrjmt
    Free Member

XC717 FTW 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New 26" rim that you can actually put tyres on and run tubes’ is closed to new replies.