Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • New 2011 Boardman Range
  • Houns
    HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I spent ages building my “perfect commuter” and now Boardman have released 3 of them in the form of those CX bikes! They’ve even got the rear disc in the right place

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

An 18.1lb cabon HT with carbon rims?

Well, that’s the cheap and cheerful tag blown out of the water then!!

No price yet though…

timmys

The full-suss bikes look interesting. At 130mm they look a lot more ‘trail bikey’ than the previous 100mm(?) ones. Need prices though…

chakaping
    Free Member

Very interesting direction. Lots of carbon, big wheels and loads more hardtails.

New FS bikes look nice. Need to make a 150mm or 160mm bike though!

ourmaninthenorth

Boardman have released 3 of them in the form of those CX bikes! They’ve even got the rear disc in the right place

That’s scuppered my plans on building a cross bike for this season. Might have to re-think my I-don’t-need-discs-yet strategy….

Good work, CB.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m a sucker for internal cable routing. Beyond all the useful stuff that is the first thing I noticed, may need to find one to stroke.

bedraggled
    Free Member

The range looks to have gone upmarket, does anyone know if they will still be exclusive to Halfords or will there be other outlets.

finbar
    Free Member

The Team alu road bike w. BB30 looks like a CAAD10 rival. I had one last year, it was a great stiff, light frame.

I ended up selling mine because the smallest size fit like a medium (54cm TT), but they’re doing an XS this year so it’ll suit people under 5’8″.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Theres some prices mentioned on twitter. The CX Team (mid range cyclocross with discs) is 850 pounds with sram apex groupset. Sounds quite reasonable!

ourmaninthenorth

The CX Team (mid range cyclocross with discs) is 850 pounds with sram apex groupset. Sounds quite reasonable!

If it rides well, doesn’t weigh a tonne, then I think my decision has just been made….

chakaping
    Free Member

A lot of the prices are visible on the site, click “BUY” when looking at the bike you’re interested in.

Seem to have gone up a bit. Good value still though.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Look at the FS geo though – 670mm bars, 90mm stem and 68.5deg head angle on a 130mm bike? No thanks… Shorter, slacker and wider is the way forwards.

rOcKeTdOg

love the Cx bikes, hate the colour apart from the white one, but the white is bottom of the range with out the frame of the higher two

i’d have had one if the colour was better in the upper range

Houns

I’m getting the CX Comp and the Urban Pro

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Arse ! There was me trying not to spend money, and then this happens. Damn you Boardman ! 😆

stumpy01

idiotdogbrain – Member
    Look at the FS geo though – 670mm bars, 90mm stem and 68.5deg head angle on a 130mm bike? No thanks… Shorter, slacker and wider is the way forwards.

Is that really so wrong/bad/different??

My 2010 Stumpy FSR came with similar width bar, 15mm shorter stem & 68.5 deg. head angle.
    Trek Fuel EX has got a 69 deg. HA and more than likely similar components
    Zesty has a 68 deg. HA…..

I like the look of most of their stuff. The CX/Road bikes always get me thinking whether I ‘need one’.
    Even the hybrid looks good.

ElShalimo

Stupid Q:
    What are the benefits of a 2×10 drive? Is it better then 3×10 or 3×9?

Twin
    Free Member

The CX Team (mid range cyclocross with discs) is 850 pounds with sram apex groupset. Sounds quite reasonable!

That’s quite heavy. My bike is only about 30 pounds.

rOcKeTdOg

[Quote]I’m getting the CX Comp and the Urban Pro[/quote]

Gis a go mister

marty_mayhem
    Free Member

Was in Halfords today and they are already on display and look really nice well equiped bikes.

BoardinBob

They all look pretty nice, apart from this which is pig ugly

karnali
    Free Member

the cx bikes looks nice if alitle heavy, should be ace in a year or so when lighter disc brakes are avail

ourmaninthenorth

the cx bikes looks nice if alitle heavy, should be ace in a year or so when lighter disc brakes are avail

But some sensible upgrades to finishing kit, wheels and the like ought to shed a good couple of pounds. Then lighter brakes and tyou’re onto a proper winner.

Very ahead of the game there. I like.

topgunsteve
    Free Member

full breakown of the range with some prices here too:

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/boardman-bikes-2011-performance-series-29508

looks like those full bouncers are about £1600, great deal for the spec

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New 2011 Boardman Range’ is closed to new replies.