Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New 2010 kona's
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2010-kona-bikes-2009.html

Kona Abra Cadabra looks nice and magic pivot tech too

kimbers

the new range is launched at midnight on the kona website

fozzybear
    Free Member

yer, that's a sneak peak of the range on the pinkbike link too..

Dougal
    Free Member

Big fan of the Cadabra, especially this one in the red:

kimbers

if the cadabra doesnt flex too much (as did the coilair according to reviews), and im guessing the shorter rocker will help with that then i reckon it could be a very nice bike

thejesmonddingo
    Rickos
    Free Member

Have they lowered their silly high bottom bracket heights too?

kimbers

were they particularly high?

Dougal
    Free Member

Suspension bike in shock of looking like another suspension bike shocker!!!!

Rickos
    Free Member

were they particularly high?

IIRC their trail bikes were hovering around the 14 inch mark when most others were between 13 and 13.5.

kimbers

6 mins to go

kimbers

frakers have just added another hour!

tails
    Free Member

frakers have just added another hour!

i'm glad its not just me who thought that, i went there to see the kona cowan then saw ten mins till new konas then went back and they added an hour. bizarre really have they not finished the designs yet haha!

LordOnOne
    Free Member

Perhaps it would be a good idea to look at Mtbr, the new 2010 bikes have been viewable since last night. Much like the Giant site, it’s just a matter or changing the URL…such a common mistake by companies.

They all look bloody minging.

I used to worship Kona, but a little bit of me died the other day when I went in James's and saw a Cinder Cone with a woefully poor spec, topped off with a RS Dart fork – oh, it was aluminium too 🙁

tails
    Free Member

this looks decent, but prob better bikes out there commencal yeti etc

CountZero

This whole BB height thing amuses me. It wasn't that long ago the likes of MBR were complaining about BB's being too high at 12", now I see reviews talking about lowish BB's at 13.5". Can sombody please make their mind up?

RustySpanner

Much, much nicer than last years.
    They even look good too. 🙂

They've finally finished the Sutra (proper rack, v brake bosses removed) and I'm very, very tempted:

Brown saddle & tape would have to go though.

Like this too, but why didn't they mount the rear brake between the stays, as above?

kimbers

i like the fact that the fixie is called the band wagon!

eddie11
    Free Member

Perhaps i'm getting old but the road, cyclocross and asphalt stuff looks really interesting. All the mountain bikes seem a bit well, meh. They've sorted out the gash paint schemes this year though.

Milkie
    Free Member

I see they've upgraded some of the frames to Scandium, and made the colours even worse!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New 2010 kona's’ is closed to new replies.