Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Nevis Range XC Trail Maps ? Is it worth riding?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok I could just be being stupid, but I cant find a trail map for the Nevis Range XC routes.

I am staying in Glen Nevis (after doing the West Highland Way) and want to ride round to the Nevis Range Trails as I will have a morning to kill before I can get the train back to Glasgow.

Already some one on here has said you can pick up the ‘blue’ trail not far from Glen Nevis, but as it is currently I am struggling to find out where the ‘blue’ route is.

What is worth riding with a few hours to spare, bearing in mind I certainly do not have the skills or bike to do the full DH course.

Sorry other stupid questions, do they have showers / some where to leave a 70 ltr rucksack?

Ta

BoardinBob

There’s a trail map board in the braveheart car park if I remember correctly. Can’t remember ever seeing a trail map in paper format or online for that matter.

There’s a shower up at the base station. Entrance is round the back near the entrance for the DH bikes to the gondala. Don’t think there’s any luggage storage but they might let you leave it somewhere if you ask nicely.

mangoridebike

There is definitley enough there to kill a few hours.

You can pick up the Broomstick Blue from the North Face carpark ( a few miles north of Fort William). THis trail is a bit of an out and back and will deliver you to the main carpark where you’ll have a good number of options. From the new green and blue trails, to the 10 under the Ben loop and the world champs XC loop.

When are you doing this, I may be able to meet up with you depending on availability.

edit – trail map here http://cms.nevisrange.co.uk/cust_images/donloadable%20forms%20brochures%20etc/witch-trail-map.pdf

mangoridebike
    doh
    Free Member

Cut through the alcan yard then up the zigzags. the access road from there drops you in quite far up the xc course

Rail station has bag storage

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for all the useful info, very helpful!

Mango I’m up there next weekend, but wont decide till the day. May even just go for a walk.

dunmail
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t bother with the 10 under the Ben loop to the west/left of the car park – it’s pretty boring. The World Champs route is OK though.

mangoridebike

No worries – email in profile, drop me an email if you think you might be up for a ride, that weekend may be a bit busy for me anyway

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Nevis Range XC Trail Maps ? Is it worth riding?’ is closed to new replies.