Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nevica the brand…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Nevica is owned by Sports Direct these days at the moment they have a down jacket for £30 !

Is it still a good brand…?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nevica-light-down-jacket-mens-443340

is it any good ? or the usual sold out to sports direct rubbish !

(can I live with the fact that the public will know I bought something from sports direct !)

druidh
    Free Member

Is there anything in your opening sentence that would make you believe otherwise? 😆

hora
    Free Member

WOW. I used to wear Nevica ski coats as a kid. How they’ve gone downhill (!) in a bad way.

hammerite
    Free Member

Of course it’s good stuff Graham Bell wears one of their jackets on Ski Sunday every week 😆

mos

and there’s a karrimor one on there for £25

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

and the Karrimor version is that any better ! prob same jacket !

okay so if I buy one would it be a good buy !!!!!! its got to have some warmth surley ?

hora
    Free Member

Wasted money in my opinion. You’d be better off buying a decent 200gsm weight Icebreaker Merino top and wearing a softshell that you already own over it.

That way the icebreaker can be worn anytime, anywhere for upto a decade.

AngusWells

I have an intense dislike of Sports Direct and it’s acquisition of brands that it then pushes as far down market as possible. Karrimor and Field and Trek are at the forefront of my mind on this one. Anything that they manufacture or sell that may be of good (or more likely middling) quality is tarnished by the utter rubbish that is their main trade. And don’t get me started on what they have done to the once great Lillywhites at Picadilly Circus.

Sorry, this doesn’t answer your Nevica question but it does allow me to vent my spleen.

I feel better now.

DezB
    Free Member

There wouldn’t be anything wrong with either of those jackets. STW brand whores will sneer as they go past in their Rab jackets and Hunter wellies, but you’ll survive.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Bought a Nevica base layer from SportsDirect last christmas and it’s been fine. Certainly can’t grumble for the £10 it cost me.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nevica, the choice jacket of teenage bams from glasgow in the early 90s! Had one myself! :mrgreen:

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

There wouldn’t be anything wrong with either of those jackets

I regularly pick through my local Sports Direct looking for bits of kit on the cheap – I was in there on Saturday and grabbed a new ‘nalgene’ style water bottle, various base layers and a couple of small dry bags, all of which I confidently expect to function just as well as anything I could buy from more expensive brands.

In that context, I had a quick look at the lightweight down jackets and made the decision to walk on by – the fabric is okay, but the down is very poor quality and you can feel the clumps in the jacket. I’d rather spend the £30 or so on a synthetic jacket from somewhere like Decathlon than a down jacket with poor quality filling.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The jacket ‘as worn by Graham Bell’ was on sale last year from ‘RRP’ of £150 down to £15!

I got all nostalgic and picked one up, for £15 I thought at least it would be good for jetwashing my MX bike in the winter!

It’s actually alright, fit is good, some nice features, material feels a bit cheap but did me well skiing in Chamonix in -20C last year!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Everyone had a Nevica jacket at my school in the early 90’s – bar me! My mum bought me *%%^&* Trespass one 😕

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nevica the brand…’ is closed to new replies.