Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Never try your car windows when its frozen
  • mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

So I cleared my windows the other day and started off to work and just tried the window a bit for some fresh air but it has one of those press once for full drop actions on it, so the window made some crunching noises and then a large noise that didnt sound good.
    So now my drivers window is always up but you can hear the mechanism working so I’m presuming the rail is detached from the glass.
    Anyone else done this and fixed it or is it just me thats stupid 🙄
    I would have though some kind of sealant to fit back in the rail so any auto window fitters in that could point me in the right direction?

Edit Freelander sport td4 for info

grahamt1980

I haven’t managed to do that when frozen.
    However the winding mechanism died on a previous car of mine, it was pretty easy to replace. Not sure if the rail will be attached to the window on your car, mostly they sit in a holder and rely on the window runners/grooves to keep it in place.
    Have a quick google based on the type of car, I am sure someone will have done it.
    Mine was a clio.

trail_rat
    Free Member

What ive seen if its french then some plastic clips that cost a fortune( for what they are) have broken……

3 zip tied fixed mine

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

It certainly made it interesting at a drive through the other day- I had to get out to talk and then same to pay and collect food, theres not a lot of space to do this you know!

themightymowgli
    Free Member

The plastic clips on Czech cars come attached to the whole winding mech so therefore also cost a lot. Also some door panels are darn awkward to get into

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Never try your car windows when its frozen’ is closed to new replies.