Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Never trust a mail fit fitter
  • Cubed
    Free Member

Really how bad is the customer service. Promise of a call. No call to tell me tyres are in. Another day wasted.

Cubed
    Free Member

That should be kwik fit fitter. Thanks iPhone.

bruneep

Try blackcircles mytyres etyres etc

takisawa2

The whole tyre/exhaust fitting business just fills me with dread whenver I have to use one of those places. Whether its the skanky filthy waiting areas, 10yr old tyre posters & car mags or the condescending attitude of some of the biggest rseholes in the motor trade, I dont know; but the sooner someone comes along with a different way of doing things the better.
    I happily just pay a bit extra for the garage to fit tyres etc, so I dont have to visit those places.

trail_rat
    Free Member

their central stocking system sucks – they are no longer “kwik fit”

should be “next day fit” as when ever i phone up they never have the tires and have to wait.

scotroutes

My experience of Kwik-fit couldn’t be more different. It just goes to show that it’s all down to the individuals in each branch.

lump

Ive just used http://www.tyresonthedrive.com Got nothing but good words for them. Will never be going back to having tyres done in a some poorly staffed fitting yard.

spooky_b329

We used eventtyres mobile fitting recently, the fitter went against recommended practise and tried to convince her to put the new tyres on the front, when she insisted on them going on the rear he decided to charge her to rebalance the wheels he moved from rear to front 🙁

Murray

I use my local village garage. It’s a little bit run down, but you can see the guys working on the car (and in the pub afterwards). They are pretty competitive on tyres as they don’t hold stock.

I’ve also used Event (very good) and mytyres.co.uk (very good for winter tyres / wheels, sent from Germany to another small local garage for fitting).

They’re not all crooks but the lack of transparent pricing in the industry makes it hard to be honest.

emac65
    Free Member

+1 for tyres on your drive,great service & price !

BenjiM

The two times I’ve used Kwik Fit have been great. No hastle or problems, just fast and efficient service. One of the local garages on the other hand…

GrahamS

…condescending attitude of some of the biggest rseholes in the motor trade…

Last time we needed tyres the missus went to a garage (not Kwik Fit) who basically laughed in her face and told her the tyres she was asking for didn’t exist, and to go ask her husband or someone else equipped with a penis.

(I know **** all about car tyres but I’d written down the sizes embossed on the tyre and that is what she asked for)

Funnily enough the next garage she went to had no problem fulfilling exactly the same request.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Never trust a mail fit fitter’ is closed to new replies.