Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Never mind Songs of Praise, it's Countryfile that hacks me off!
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Perhaps the £20 a day was the approximate price for an uplift…..

+1

Seems reasnoble.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

No problem with that- it’s the “oh farming is so hard” stuff that makes him a ****. Oh it’s so hard, if it wasn’t for the massive advert I get on the BBC every week I wouldn’t be able to afford as many collector’s edition cows. This one’s gold plated! Gotta catch em all!

****!
    and yet he was doing it BEFORE he was on telly. in fact one of the reasons he’s on telly was because of his connection with rare breeds. weird that, eh? still farming is probably harder than operating a tv remote control, something you appear to be incapable of doing.

maxlite
    Free Member

Its getting really bad, its all so terribly Blue Peter for the countryside…

weather forecast is good tho 🙂

johnellison
    Free Member

Agreed about Adam Henson, he is a complete and utter bell-end and quite frankly if I ever met him I’m kick him in the bollocks.

Aristotle
    Free Member

maxlite – Member

Its getting really bad, its all so terribly Blue Peter for the countryside…

Good point, actually. Well, Blue Peter from the 80s. What’s Blue Peter like nowadays?

thx1138
    Free Member

I’d like to give them all the Deliverance treatment…

Not quite sure what you mean here; you’d like to brutally anally rape the presenters of a popular TV programme? 😯 Or have a banjo duet with each of them?

Agreed about Adam Henson, he is a complete and utter bell-end and quite frankly if I ever met him I’m kick him in the bollocks.

Blimey. What terrible thing has he done to you personally then, to warrant such anger and violent retribution?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

stole the manual for his tv remote control?

maxtorque

I thought that tiny MTB segment on CF was quite funny! A bit Slippy was it?? 😉

Northwind

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

and yet he was doing it BEFORE he was on telly.

What, banging on about it on the telly? No, I don’t believe he was.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A mate ended up on a skiing holiday with Adam by chance. Said he was pretty sound. Go figure.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with spending ££’S on a decent set of outdoor wear, warmth & dryness is worth the cost.

Julia is starting to look a bit injection moulded these days though.

What’s happened to the little blond girl?

CountZero

What’s happened to the little blond girl?

Which one?

sbob
    Free Member

Nope, still not regretting selling my television.

CountZero

tomchatt – Member
    What bugs me about the programme is the fact that Julia Bradbury wears a different set of clothes for almost every scene. Last night she was in a Mammut goretex cag which cost over £500 – yes more than £500 for a blooming cag!!!!!!!!!

Has it not occurred to you that the various segments might have been filmed days or weeks apart? They are frequently in different locations, after all.
    Or is that too simplistic an answer for those looking for something else to whine about?

bikebouy
    Free Member

The little blond with the long hair and a northern accent?? Oh and the wellies??

On the point about Adam, well actually the whole programme really, we have 2 farms in the family up the in that Harrogate like, and it’s the only programme that the whole family watches. Ok mostly cos of Adam ( we have sheeps and cattles ) and the weather forecast.
    MrsBouys Bro can often be heard tutting to himself when they rattle on about “niche” herds….
    We’re Organic, took 7 years of hard graft and mahoooosive amounts of paperwork and red tape to go through, and we think its worth it.
    It would be nice to hear some more “real life” stories on the programme instead of the polished exterior of farming in general.
    Though to be fair, Matt did give the Borders sheep farmer an airing, not enough of one but an airing non the less.

nealglover
    Free Member

Because a few random strangers don’t like Country File ?

jamj1974

I used to really like Sunday morning Countryfile but don’t like it since it moved to the evening slot some time ago. I have met Adam albeit briefly when we took the children to the farm park (One if the best ones of that type we have been too.). He was pleasant and really helpful – didn’t have the air of the ‘big I am’ either…

mudrider
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member

I thought that tiny MTB segment on CF was quite funny! A bit Slippy was it??

It gave the impression that mountain bikes are useless or even dangerous when used in the slippy conditions that are commonplace in the British Wintertime. This hardly gives an attractive and positive impression of the sport!

jon1973
    Free Member

Still can’t resist the opportunity to open a tread about a TV program though, eh? 😉

Northwind

Ellie Harrison?

sniff
    Free Member

What bugs me about the programme is the fact that Julia Bradbury wears a different set of clothes for almost every scene. Last night she was in a Mammut goretex cag which cost over £500 – yes more than £500 for a blooming cag!!!!!!!!!

😛

jon1973
    Free Member

tomchatt – Member

What bugs me about the programme is the fact that Julia Bradbury wears a different set of clothes for almost every scene. Last night she was in a Mammut goretex cag which cost over £500 – yes more than £500 for a blooming cag!!!!!!!! earns more money than me.

jon1973
    Free Member

tomchatt – Member

What bugs me about the programme is the fact that Julia Bradbury wears a different set of clothes for almost every scene. Last night she was in a Mammut goretex cag which cost over £500 – yes more than £500 for a blooming cag!!!!!!!! earns more money than me.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Never mind Songs of Praise, it's Countryfile that hacks me off!’ is closed to new replies.