Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Never mind planes and conveyor belts, what about bikes and escalators ?
  • If a downhiller tried to ride down an up escalator, would they ever reach the bottom ?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

How about riding up a down escalator?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Could be fun to watch. I imagine some would jump the whole frikkin' thing.

Could certainly test the square-edged hit ability of bike like no other terrain.

How about riding up a down escalator?

Downhillers don't ride up hill, they push.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Like this?

It's just out the back of my house. There's two of them and we use them for free uplift. It gets you a fair bit of vertical and then there's a short 'urban' DH course with lots of steps and a few wall drops! I've not done if for ages actually.

Edit: I've never tried riding down them. I don't imagine it'd be that hard. I'll give it a go sometime and pop the video up here!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i feel this is relevant to this thread:

bmx on a running machine 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

end of thread?

+

adstick
    Free Member

It's fine, I've done it. They're not that bumpy, certainly a lot less than many staircases.

cynic-al
    Free Member

doug I note your camera could not capture the top of the escalator. Does it go all the way up, like a "Jack and the beanstalk" for fat americans?

Stoner
    Free Member

bindun 😉

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cynic-Al, yeah all the way up to a big cloud. Then you have to drop in down the beanstalk! (Actually it's about another 1/2 of what you can see. There's two of them though so it gets you up quite high!)

DezB
    Free Member

As Realman's video link shows, riding down escalators/stairs is really quite dull. Why do we still feel the need to do things like this?

jackthedog
    Free Member

The Hillsborough branch of Morrisons is great for this kind of thing. My favourite thing was trying to ride up the down one so you stay stationery.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Never mind planes and conveyor belts, what about bikes and escalators ?’ is closed to new replies.