Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Never give a sucker an even break…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia_pacific/10472269.stm

"… the people who had bought the devices had complained when they did not work." 😆 😆 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

I guess some people are that desperate that they are prepared to try anything, like the people with terminal illnesses who travel to Lourdes etc. No excuse for exploiting people even if they are stoopid for believing something might help.

vinnyeh

yeah, here's another one woppit- sucker, eh?. I find it a little difficult to put the smileys in though…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Slight difference between superstitious numpties who believe in "miracle cures" and government representatives spending OUR money on fake science, wouldn't you say?

I assume those responsible have been shafted already, rather than waiting to make them part of the coming 610 thousand…

DezB
    Free Member

I'm amazed that people could believe something fictional would make their lives better! oh, hang on…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Reminds me of the time the guy in the States sold thousands of 'solar' washing lines…

Inspired marketing.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I suppose you could argue that both devices are giving false hope.
    #1 of being cured of a terminal illnes
    or
    #2 of not being blown up.

Jamie
    Free Member

Peckham Spring comes to mind….

yeah, here's another one woppit- sucker, eh?. I find it a little difficult to put the smileys in though…

Everyone concerned with that should be shot into the **** sun.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That is pretty shocking, indeed everyone involved should be shot. Full stop. ESPECIALLY the military advisors who purchased them without properly testing them presumably.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Never give a sucker an even break…’ is closed to new replies.