• This topic has 39 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Never express the hatred of your job on social networks.
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

😀

RoterStern
    Free Member

Ooops! 😳

user-removed
    Free Member

HA haha! Stingy one! What a cloth-eared, daft bint.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Oh I really do hope that's true….
    **snigger**

crazy-legs

LOL!!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Please,please,please let that be true! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    IanMunro
    Free Member

Can I just say I love my job, and all my bosses, even the ones not reading this, are the nicest people I could ever wish to work for.

stumpyjon

That is hysterical. I particularly like the bit about the shit stuff being her job.

footflaps

There's no end of shit stuff I have to do as part of my job, just that some bits are really great and they make up for it.

mrchrispy

epic fail

Drac

If it is true she has good standings for a claim, sad but true.

Gilles

must admit I read that thread because Tom DB works for singletrack and I though that was him caught in the net.

ourmaninthenorth

If it is true she has good standings for a claim, sad but true.

Indeedy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yep looks like she would have a case for unfair dismissal. On what grounds is he sacking her, she hasn't mentioned the company name or nrought it in to disripute.

Made up IMO

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Slander on her part?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Surely if she was on a trial period and isn't contracted they can let her go with no specific reason?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don't believe it either.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

must admit I read that thread because Tom DB works for singletrack and I though that was him caught in the net.

me? I'm far more subtle and cryptic in my slagging off 🙂

Davros23
    Free Member

It's gross misconduct, she's gone.

Bedds
    Free Member

We had a guy who posted a video of himself on facebook twatting round the Nuremburg ring in his company car.. he lasted about 2 weeks after that 🙄

zaskar
    Free Member

Also the boss swore and complained on the site so they could be in for a slap wrist too.

I never have social networks online like face puke just email.

If you have a prob-speak to your boss or find another job-or shaddup y'face!

Smee
    Free Member

If I was her I'd be claiming for unfair dismissal. Plenty things in there to justify a claim.

aracer
    Free Member

As ohh says – she has no grounds at all for a claim if she was on a trial period. I'd suspect she was likely to be let go anyway (the implication from that is she wasn't very good), as I'm sure you don't get rid of somebody just because of something like that, though it might have tipped the balance.

theflatboy
    Free Member

😆 😆 😆

Davros23
    Free Member

If I was her I'd be claiming for unfair dismissal. Plenty things in there to justify a claim.

Really? On what grounds?

Drac

Really? On what grounds?

Not unfair dismissal but he was derogatory about her character and that's not allowed by an employer.

GrahamS

No claim for unfair dismissal – as she was on a probationary period anyway.

Doubtful claim about slander/libel etc since, well basically she started it. 🙂

Drac

No claim for unfair dismissal – as she was on a probationary period anyway.

If he never pointed out her mistakes before or offered he guidance when she was doing wrong then no reasonable attempt has taking place to help her. Then saying your "..you ****-up the simplest of tasks" really isn't going go down well.

GrahamS

Don't think that matters.

Certainly the wording of the probationary contract we use here makes it pretty clear that you can be let go for any reason that they like during the probationary period.

Drac

The long lectures I've had on probationaries certainly says it matters if they've not given them a fair chance.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Only on STW would a joke descend in to a thorough examination of the rights and wrongs of employment law….

stuartie_c
    Free Member

😀

Excellent swear-filter evasion too…

Drac

Excellent swear-filter evasion too…

Yeah we should report him to the mods.

Only on STW would a joke descend in to a thorough examination of the rights and wrongs of employment law….

Crossed my mind to but it happens on any forum and indeed in real life conversations too.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Dont know if the OP is genuine or not, but last christmas, at the private hospital I work at, about ten members of staff phoned in sick, then went out on the lash. Trouble was, the next day, one of the less than intelligent individuals uploaded several photos of them on Facebook, all looking quite hale and hearty, not to mention p****d paraletic – disciplinaries all round I'm happy to add.

Tim
    Free Member

We had a guy who posted a video of himself on facebook twatting round the Nuremburg ring in his company car.. he lasted about 2 weeks after that

?

iDave
    Free Member

all this just illustrates nicely why i never want a 'job' and never want 'staff'

jond
    Free Member

No, it doesn't matter.

Unfair dismissal can only apply after 12 months service (used to be two years). (There's a get-out clause relating to illness, but that's irrlevant in this case)

RoterStern
    Free Member

Actually a client of mine who runs a pretty big company here in Germany admitted to me that when they get CVs from applicants the first thing they do is check them out on the social networking sites, a thing made easier by the fact that CVs have to come with photographs here.

Tim
    Free Member

Just make yourself invisible on facebook 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Never express the hatred of your job on social networks.’ is closed to new replies.